• Downing
    • A Young
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Delph 46)
    • Carew (for Delfouneso 74)

Anyone know roughly how many fans Blackburn took to Villa? Was it another mini bus job?!

Very small away attendance, I reckon about 150-200

Well thats a load of bollocks, there was just under 1000 I'd say.

Just under 1000? You having a laugh? They had one of the smallest attendances for an away team I've seen in quite some time - didn't look like just under 1000 to me. Competes with the usual small following that Fulham bring.

lol wtf villa were only on 30 seconds lol.

I thought it was the Beeb that hated Villa but WTF, 2 prem teams so its not gonna be due to popularity and there were 4 goals.

End of the programme and only on for 30 seconds.

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON!

Guzan - Great pen save, poor mistake for their goal, little else to do.

Beye - Good first half, poor second half. Looks clueless when he has time on the ball and too slow to get forward on the overlap.

Cuellar - Another really solid game. We are now seeing the player that was the best player in Scotland and so strong in Ranger's Uefa Cup run.

Collins - Rock solid and read the game really well.

Warnock - Solid. Passing a bit off as it has been the last few games.

Downing - Okay. Thought Marc should have had the chance today.

NRC - Excellent today. Does what it says on the tin and, IMO, the best partner for Milner or Delph in a 4-4-2 as he gives them licence to play. Looked a bit lost second half when we had more time against ten men.

Delph - Very good and keeps us ticking along. I would love to see a midfield 3 of NRC, Delph and Jimmy.

Ash - Quality crosses caused two goals.

Heskey - Didn't really see much quality there today. Works hard but frustrating and too far away from the goal to be a threat.

Fonz - Okay. Good goal and worked hard. I would love to see get a game alongside Gabby.

Carew - Okay.

Sidwell - Lot of running, little product. Struggling to see the point and would offload with Gardner IF there was a strong replacement available - Scotty Parker anybody?

That's ITV all over. Don't people remember "The Premiership". An hour and 15 minutes of the top 4, then 15 minutes of everyone else's games, which most of the time was literally just the goals.

The Beeb may be biased but at least they give everyone some real highlights, rather than just the goals.

Shocking stuff from ITV. First off they used our old badge in the graphic, they didn't show a replay of any of the goals, with poor camera angles!

Not sure it was a foul on Guzan, but then you couldn't see it properly due to the poor camera work. Not sure there's should have been a penalty either, NRC had both his arms by his side and it looked like Reid was holding onto NRCs shirt to make it look like he was being pulled back.

Very, very impressive from King Carlos though.

Anyone know roughly how many fans Blackburn took to Villa? Was it another mini bus job?!

Very small away attendance, I reckon about 150-200

Well thats a load of bollocks, there was just under 1000 I'd say.

Just under 1000? You having a laugh? They had one of the smallest attendances for an away team I've seen in quite some time - didn't look like just under 1000 to me. Competes with the usual small following that Fulham bring.

Okay, but there was at least 750. Thee top tier wasn't all that empty.

Awful coverage from ITV, short and dodgy camera angles as usual. Was funny watching those two blokes in the corner giving Diouf a load of stick after the challenge

and just think, if we introduced video reviews, this would have been what the ref got to use to make his assessment.

Delph stuck out for me, he was immense in the first half and in the second half it was obvious how much we missed his creativity. He was raking some fantastic cross field passes, get stuck in well. A significant highlight of his was when he harried David Dunn, caught him in possession and then slipped Young in beautifully for a one-on-one.

I read in another article that NRC did what you describe. So was it NRC or Delph?

Pretty sure it was Delph at the time, but you have me questioning that now. Anyone else like to confirm?

If it was NRC I could understand the votes a bit more, as I thought he was good but not really the man of the match.

Definitely NRC who played that ball. However Delph won the ball for the move I think and am really impressed after he was ill as well. Think he will be some player for us.

Blackburn brought around 200 fans. Absolutely nowhere near 1,000.

Diouf tackle was horrific.

Delph was motm first half.

Guzan made a total mess of the corner.

Beye got sloppy on occasions.

Sidwell makes great runs, but never gets the pass and contributes little else.

Fonz was ok today - getting better.

Ash played well. Carlos and Collins were excellent.

MON almost got the line-up spot on, but, for one decision. Why, oh why, when the opportunity to rest our first team is there, did he not rest the guy out of that first team who needs a rest the MOST. I am, of course, talking about Stewart Downing.

He looked class at Portsmouth away in the Cup but since then, with a few exceptions, his performances IMO seem to be getting worse and worse. He looks terrified of injuring himself in 50-50 situations, which leads to him looking rather lightweight, he seems incapable of beating a man, and he is just in desperate need of a rest. I am sure what we're seeing at the moment isn't anything like the best he can play, but after such a big injury, to ask him to play all these games is bordering on crazy quite frankly. Albrighton was the obvious player to take his place today and if I were Marc I'd be feeling pretty damn upset that he didn't start today, let alone come on.

Personally, I'd like to see Petrov & Milner in the centre and Ash and Delph, yes Delph on the wing on Tuesday night. Delph looked brilliant in the first half today and with his pace and vision, I have no doubt he could deputise on the wing ahead of Downing who looks dead on his feet to be honest.

Apart from that, a pretty decent performance. NRC was brilliant (again) and should be pushing Petrov for his place in the team if he keeps on playing like that, he deserves another chance. If we'd have been clinical it could well have ended up as a cricket score.

Oh and Howard Webb is one of the worst referee's I have ever seen, and he reaffirms that view-point every time he takes charge of a game involving the Villa. The 'penalty' was, well, never a penalty in a million years for obvious reasons. Their goal was firstly a foul on Guzan and secondly, I thought he had two hands on the ball. He missed a stone-wall handball in the box even though he was in close proximity. And he only seemed inclined to give Diouf the red-card (for one of the worst challenges i've seen in a long time) after the outcry from the Villa Park faithful.

Job done anyway. Now for the big game....

I was sat quite near the pitch in the trinity and you can really see the quality of Downing - not his best game admitedly but his ball control and first touch is impeccable. Just not qute delivering in the final third yet.

I think its a sign of how far we've come that we can look so comfortable in games like this.