• Downing
    • A Young
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Delph 46)
    • Carew (for Delfouneso 74)

Watched the game on BBC text and seemed really dull. Hope we can improve for Tuesday. :P

Are you serious? I imagine any game watched through BBC text would be 'really dull'..

wow

just... wow

:lol:

Was that a full strength Blackburn team?

No, they made 9 changes!

Really?! They had Chimbonda, Dunn, Olsson, Salgado, Diouf and Reid on. Plus Pedersen came on for them. It was a weakened team, however I thought that lot were first team players?

On another not, great result. I'm glad MON rested many of our players. I just hope we can get a similar result in the LC semi-final. It's there for the taking if we play the way we all know we can.

Job done today anyway and we go through to the next round. Not the prettiest of games but it's the result that matters. UTV!

Givet and Chimbonda were the only 2 that started today's game that started in their last game.

Played well although second half was pretty boring.

Delph was excellent first half so it must have been an injury that meant he was subbed.

Sidwell and heskey were poor, the Fons did some nice things but still didn't look fully ready yet.

NRC had a good game today and even managed a rocket shot.

Overall it was a comfortable win.

Played well although second half was pretty boring.

Delph was excellent first half so it must have been an injury that meant he was subbed.

Sidwell and heskey were poor, the Fons did some nice things but still didn't look fully ready yet.

NRC had a good game today and even managed a rocket shot.

Overall it was a comfortable win.

Good win, next round of the cup can only be a good thing..

But I wouldn't assume Tuesday is a foregone conclusion now.. both teams had one eye on that game... was great to hear Delph had a good game though, shame he picked up a knock.

Can't vote on MOTM as I haven't seen the game, have heard good things about Young and Delph though from a few of my friends texting me from VP.

Perfect day for us really, comfortable win no injuries, several players rested and opportunities given to fringe players, Diouf out of the semi final and probably even less Rovers fans at the game oh and we're into the 4th round. All in all a good day, so when do we draw Man Utd in the 4th round?

Good result, important to win to give us momentum.

Guzan 6- Good save again for the penalty but looked at fault for the goal, don't think it was a foul as he looked timid when coming to get the ball but would have to see it again, rating probably would change if I saw it.

Beye 7- Decent defensively and came forward well as well. Couple of times was unsure what to do with it but maybe due to the lack of players moving around him.

Collins 7- Typical display.

Cuellar 7- See Collins plus good header for goal.

Warnock 7- Quiet but didn't do anything wrong, defended well when called upon and made occassional runs down the flanks.

Downing 6- Did ok, didn't see much of him at times but always wanted the ball, good to see him last the 90.

Reo-Coker 8- Good performance from him, saw lots of the ball and really drived us on at times, stupid foul for the penalty though.

Delph 8- For his first half performance geniunely a joy to watch when he had the ball at his feet, made us tick and we definitely missed him in the second half. Can only think he was injured.

Young 8- Class delivary, proved we missed him on Tuesday. Put some dangerous balls in and really got at the full back. Good to see him back.

Heskey 7- Did well, held the ball up well and got some of our moves going.

Delfouneso 7- Really encouraging first half and deserved his goal, looked a lot stronger than I've seen him. Think that knock he got in the first half effected him a bit.

Carew 7- Did his job and scored.

Sidwell 6- Did ok, nothing wonderful but got himself about the pitch well.

Not sure if Guzan was fouled for their goal or not, it all happened so quickly. Almost expected him to save the pen though, his record now is pretty unreal.

The two halves were day and night if I ever I saw such a difference. First half was fluid, some great passing moves going down both flanks. Delph was awesome, put his foot in defensively and was spraying the ball all over the place with either foot making clever passes. Just wished he'd shoot a bit more when it opens up for him as you can tell he's got a foot like a traction engine.

I personally thought that Delfouneso was excellent, chasing down lost causes and tracking back when he needed to was good to see. Took his goal very well and I thought he was making some excellent runs in the second half but for one reason or another none of the other players seemed to look for him.

I was going absolutely ape shit at Sidwell in the second half. Even when he had room in front of him he just kept going sideways, so infuriating.

We definitely made hard work of it all, but gotta be happy with the result, especially given the number of changes and how easily they seemed to slot into the team.