• A Young
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Delph 46)
    • Carew (for Delfouneso 74)

Your thoughts for posterity.

Please also vote for your man of the match. Remember if you are voting immediately after the game that you cannot change your vote, so you may want to take some time to consider your choice.

Good result without several first team regulars: Friedel, Dunne, L Young, Milner, Petrov, Gabby, etc.

Gd result with a string of our second team, means lot of the first team will be refreshed for Tuesday :D Did Delph come off injured or was it 2 give Sidders a run out?? I'll take the same result Tuesday lol

Apparently Carews penalty was 'cheeky', anyone know why?

I think (and I may be wrong) it's just because he's a rather big player who you might expect to slam one in, but instead he just sort of passed it into the corner.

I'm glad he's changed it up, he usually bangs them down the middle and if he takes them regularly, keepers will get wise to it.

Was that a full strength Blackburn team?

No, they made 9 changes!

Really?! They had Chimbonda, Dunn, Olsson, Salgado, Diouf and Reid on. Plus Pedersen came on for them. It was a weakened team, however I thought that lot were first team players?

On another note, great result. I'm glad MON rested many of our players. I just hope we can get a similar result in the LC semi-final. It's there for the taking if we play the way we all know we can.

Job done today anyway and we go through to the next round. Not the prettiest of games but it's the result that matters. UTV!

Was that a full strength Blackburn team?

No, they made 9 changes!

Really?! They had Chimbonda, Dunn, Olsson, Salgado, Diouf and Reid on. Plus Pedersen came on for them. It was a weakened team, however I thought that lot were first team players?

On another note, great result. I'm glad MON rested many of our players. I just hope we can get a similar result in the LC semi-final. It's there for the taking if we play the way we all know we can.

Job done today anyway and we go through to the next round. Not the prettiest of games but it's the result that matters. UTV!

I thought they had a fairly strong team out too. But it only says they made 9 changes from their last game, which doesn't necessarily mean they're resting players. Had they rested player in ther previous game, then these changes could be their first teamers coming in. I'd say 6/7 of their starting 11 today could be considered first team worthy.

Great win... pleased we managed to do a job with a weakened team, didn't get to see the game but it sounded like we played well... great team selection by MON too... delighted the Fonz scored and Cuellar; not surprised dirty diouf got sent off... probably spitting at people again. Guzan saves penalty again... he's such an amazing goalkeeper.