The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

The level of clenbuterol was so minute that the commission have said if a fighter is found to have the same amount in his system in future, there is no penalty. 

I wonder what's making his head grow so? He's juicing just like the the rest of them, you'd be stupid not to if you are in any fight sport like boxing or MMA. Canelo is a billion dollar asset, you don't take chances with that amount of money at stake. Alberto Contador has also used the same excuse regarding clenbuterol, it was laughable then and it's even more laughable in boxing, the most corrupt sport there is. Also why would you believe anything "the commission" say?  They are one of the few organisations more corrupt than FIFA.

Slappy Joe wasn't a light puncher, early in his career he was a power puncher and his hands got smashed up because of it. Only late in his career did he resort to slapping his opponents because his hands were always breaking mid fight. Canelo has had 50+ fights, has moved up weight divisions with ease and still has other worldly power, yet no hand issues at all to speak of? Maybe I'm just a cynic but I wouldn't trust any part of anything that happens on one of those promotions. Fixing cards is only the tip of the iceberg. 

• VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I wonder what's making his head grow so? He's juicing just like the the rest of them, you'd be stupid not to if you are in any fight sport like boxing or MMA. Canelo is a billion dollar asset, you don't take chances with that amount of money at stake. Alberto Contador has also used the same excuse regarding clenbuterol, it was laughable then and it's even more laughable in boxing, the most corrupt sport there is. Also why would you believe anything "the commission" say?  They are one of the few organisations more corrupt than FIFA.

Slappy Joe wasn't a light puncher, early in his career he was a power puncher and his hands got smashed up because of it. Only late in his career did he resort to slapping his opponents because his hands were always breaking mid fight. Canelo has had 50+ fights, has moved up weight divisions with ease and still has other worldly power, yet no hand issues at all to speak of? Maybe I'm just a cynic but I wouldn't trust any part of anything that happens on one of those promotions. Fixing cards is only the tip of the iceberg. 

Golden boy is as complicit as theIr fighters? even more so. Horrible set up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a clip available of the behind the scenes of the fight where you can watch Canelo's hands getting wrapped. Looked pretty standard to me.

There were massive complaints from Abel Sanchez in one of the Canelo v GGG fights because they saw he was stacking when they were watching him get his hands wrapped, again though, can't blame Canelo if the rules are **** stupid and different from one place to another.

• VT Supporter
25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Seemed to be the usual story of a plucky brit/gobshite going to America and then getting outclassed by the better boxer. See also Hatton, Ricky and Hamed, Naseem.

and to a degree, Joshua, Anthony.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

and to a degree, Joshua, Anthony.

I think that was more down to a lack of preparedness when they brought in  Ruiz. Joshua got lazy. Like Lewis in his 2 defeats.

Lewis-Raham is now 20 years ago. Bloody hell.

• VT Supporter
7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think that was more down to a lack of preparedness when they brought in  Ruiz. Joshua got lazy. Like Lewis in his 2 defeats.

Yeah, Joshua never gave any excuses for that loss to Ruiz jr but watching it back I’m convinced that early big hit he took to his ear upset his balance and coordination for the entire fight. He was completely out of sorts that night. 

• VT Supporter
57 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bloody hell, I actually went to the rematch in Vegas when Lennnox sparked him. If you’ve not of said I would’ve said it’s probably about 10 years ago🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Power puncher implies you can end a fight or hurt an opponent badly with a single shot. Calzaghe never had that, at any stage of his career. He was a volume puncher, would stop people with the sheer number of punches he'd rain in on them.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Power puncher implies you can end a fight or hurt an opponent badly with a single shot. Calzaghe never had that, at any stage of his career. He was a volume puncher, would stop people with the sheer number of punches he'd rain in on them.

I think he also never went full power as he had so many problem with his hands.

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
20 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

1006 against Lacey

• Like 1

With the Saudis fronting the Joshua v Fury bout, I imagine they'll stump up the cash to.keep Wilder quiet so it can go ahead. 

wilder is basically whining to get free money. Won't be a bad payday for him if he manages to pull it off (insert a KW gif)  

Wilder will step aside for cash and fight the winner although uysk will argue he is next in line so i could see a title vacated.

Wilder will be hoping aj wins as he can beat aj but would get humiliated again if he fought fury

• VT Supporter

I can’t believe Wilder is actually desperate to fight Fury again, it’s purely a money thing.

They can either pay him off, or a do a deal with a favourable split to fight later in the year.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â