The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

32 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Very good fight. Crawford not that much younger than Brook either. It's certainly his toughest fight at welterweight on paper, could argue, maybe ever .

I can't see Brook pulling this one off. He's long past his best. Those two hard bouts with Triple G and Spence took alot from Kell and there's also the difficulty in making the weight. You never know, but I doubt it very much. 

52 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't see Brook pulling this one off. He's long past his best. Those two hard bouts with Triple G and Spence took alot from Kell and there's also the difficulty in making the weight. You never know, but I doubt it very much. 

I don't think Brook wins but it's the kind of opponent Crawford needs. He's been manovoured quite nicely at welterweight. The Golovkin fight was a bit of a circus really with Brook moving up 2 weight classes. Big pay day, he couldn't turn it down but he was never going to win. One loss at Welterweight. Against Spence, who you have to say with wins over Brook and Porter is the number one in the division. If Brook does the weight ok, a cracking fight this. Crawford's hardest at welterweight.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't think Brook wins but it's the kind of opponent Crawford needs. He's been manovoured quite nicely at welterweight. The Golovkin fight was a bit of a circus really with Brook moving up 2 weight classes. Big pay day, he couldn't turn it down but he was never going to win. One loss at Welterweight. Against Spence, who you have to say with wins over Brook and Porter is the number one in the division. If Brook does the weight ok, a cracking fight this. Crawford's hardest at welterweight.

I agree with that. Brook may have made some money but that triple g fight killed his career. He should have taken the spence fight 1st before chasing triple g. Think he might have beaten spence had that happened.

Brooks not been same fighter since.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â