The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Can anyone recommend any Boxing films to watch?

I'm planning to watch "Facing Ali" tomorrow.

Facing Ali is a great film, watched it last week. Had to laugh at Leon Spinks, they asked him what he did when he got the decision over Ali and he said "I think I broke wind, but my brother still picked me up by my ass anyway" :D

The Great White Hope is a good one too, story of Jack Johnson with James Earl Jones playing the lead role. Raging Bull is an obvious one and definately the best boxing film ever.

It'd be like a pint glass once he'd finished with it.

You've lost me there :?:

Khan is actually in a very difficult position now, thinking about it. If he ducks this guy then who the hell can he fight? Moving up in weight might have been a good move in the short term but I get the feeling 2010 will be an enormously bad year for the guy unless he drops the belt and lets Warren and the gibbering retard pick some cannon fodder for him.

:shock: :lol:

He'll probably vacate and face someone washed up like Chop Chop Corley to break him into America.

Can anyone recommend any Boxing films to watch?

I'm planning to watch "Facing Ali" tomorrow.

Facing Ali is a great film, watched it last week. Had to laugh at Leon Spinks, they asked him what he did when he got the decision over Ali and he said "I think I broke wind, but my brother still picked me up by my ass anyway" :D

The Great White Hope is a good one too, story of Jack Johnson with James Earl Jones playing the lead role. Raging Bull is an obvious one and definately the best boxing film ever.

Just watched "Facing Ali" and thought it was brilliant. I've got a lot of lovin' for Frazier.

Chuvalo didn't mind saying it how it is and came across as a genuine bloke.

The only problem I have with Raging Bull is that in the fight scenes he is either pummeling someone or on the ropes himself, no actual exchanges.

He told them to take the olympic style test having working at Pac corner for the hatton fight' date='a close friend of mine who also happens to be a sparring partner of moorer in a lot of fights told me that is why they let him go because he saw pac,roach and conditioner one day very close to the Hatton fight administering a juice for pac and he asked them that is not a performance juice is it?they said No but pac didnt like that and after the Hatton fight they let him go.[/quote']

From someone on ESB :P

He told them to take the olympic style test having working at Pac corner for the hatton fight' date='a close friend of mine who also happens to be a sparring partner of moorer in a lot of fights told me that is why they let him go because he saw pac,roach and conditioner one day very close to the Hatton fight administering a juice for pac and he asked them that is not a performance juice is it?they said No but pac didnt like that and after the Hatton fight they let him go.[/quote']

From someone on ESB :P

Sounds similar to a lot of posts in the ITK thread here on VT.

Bit of trivia for ya'll:

Who won when Wlad Klit and Lewis fought in 2001?

Lewis' glass jaw was exposed just like Rahman did 8)

BITE!!

Haye/Ruiz, 3rd April, 02 London. Done deal

Or mabye Wlad would of needed about 200 stitches.

I only remember that sweet combo that knocked Rahman out.

C'mon Haye.

hopcalz-1.gif

Oh deary, deary me.

Some good sparring last night 8)

Some nice little trash talk aswell

I love the way Hopkins sneaks in a headbutt before he slams in the right hand, quality 8)

The whole **** fight looked like that, still can't believe Slappy got the nod in that one.

Â