The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Hmmm makes sense to me, amazing how many fighters are dumb as **** isn't it :)

I've heard wilder stories about why he quit than that though, some of them involving drugs etc....don't believe them to be honest.

I think he's probably skint, how he lost the money is irrelevent but the retirement was bullshit, everyone knew it. I'm actually toying with the idea of going to the Pac/Mayweather fight, should it ever happen, depends on what the tickets cost though.

I was planning to go.

Until Bob Arum apparently claimed the cheapest would be $500 :shock: :shock: :lol:

In all honesty I think he just wanted a break from boxing so he 'retired'

Decided to come back and make some more money. Can't really blame him.

I agree re Mayweather, the Hatton fight was the biggest one out there at the time, as was the DLH one, he beat them both and had time off. Leonard was always retiring and coming back too, back in my youth. Leonard was a better fighter than Mayweather without question....but Mayweather is smarter, he'd have never got suckered into a brawl by Duran that's for sure.

$500 isn't that bad actually, not sure I'd pay it though. We'll see if the fight happens, maybe one of my stateside mates can get me in for cheap as chips money.

Rumour has it that Hayden Panettiere is dating....

Wlad Klit :shock: :shock: :lol:

Damn she must be stretched

WTF?!

He better not get in the way of my future marriage to her because I will be forced to knock him the **** out.

There's a 18 inch height difference :lol:

0102_hayden_36689pcn_haydenbf35.jpg

WTF?!

He better not get in the way of my future marriage to her because I will be forced to knock him the **** out.

I've no idea who she is?

He's a right ugly word removed though isn't he, both Klits are in all fairness.

WTF?!

I've no idea who she is?

She's an actress/singer.

As for the second part, bet he's got quite a big knob though :lol:

There's a thread about it in the ESB lounge

Promoter Frank Warren has confirmed what BoxingScene.com has been reporting for the last few weeks, the WBA has ordered junior welterweight champion Amir Khan to defend his title against interim-champion Marcos Maidana. Khan will have to make a big decision. He will either defend his title against one of the most dangerous punchers at the weight in Maidana, or vacate the title to take a fight with less danger but bigger dollar signs. HBO is very interested in a Khan-Maidana fight.

Maidana will push to make this fight happen. He turned down a potential fight with WBC champion Devon Alexander to pursue a Khan clash. Golden Boy Promotions co-promotes Maidana with Universum. It will be interesting to see if they are able to back Maidana off but not likely. Khan's trainer Freddie Roach had recently told BoxingScene that Golden Boy had the inside track on signing Amir. The British superstar has been talking to American promoters about a possible deal to further his career in the United States.

Maidana fought and stopped Victor Ortiz to pick up the interim-title but Dmitriy Salita was the mandatory contender in the WBA's rankings and he too was waiting for while to get a title shot. The WBA allowed Khan-Salita to move as long as the winner would fight Maidana in their very first defense.

Khan fighting a "dangerous puncher"?! Never thought i'd see it.

WTF?!

I've no idea who she is?

She's an actress/singer.

As for the second part, bet he's got quite a big knob though :lol:

There's a thread about it in the ESB lounge

Never heard of her :shock:

Oh I'm sure there's a thread about it over there, I bet Farmboxer, Mendoza and Widdow are crying into their beers right now. Not to mention Vitali :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Promoter Frank Warren has confirmed what BoxingScene.com has been reporting for the last few weeks, the WBA has ordered junior welterweight champion Amir Khan to defend his title against interim-champion Marcos Maidana. Khan will have to make a big decision. He will either defend his title against one of the most dangerous punchers at the weight in Maidana, or vacate the title to take a fight with less danger but bigger dollar signs. HBO is very interested in a Khan-Maidana fight.

Maidana will push to make this fight happen. He turned down a potential fight with WBC champion Devon Alexander to pursue a Khan clash. Golden Boy Promotions co-promotes Maidana with Universum. It will be interesting to see if they are able to back Maidana off but not likely. Khan's trainer Freddie Roach had recently told BoxingScene that Golden Boy had the inside track on signing Amir. The British superstar has been talking to American promoters about a possible deal to further his career in the United States.

Maidana fought and stopped Victor Ortiz to pick up the interim-title but Dmitriy Salita was the mandatory contender in the WBA's rankings and he too was waiting for while to get a title shot. The WBA allowed Khan-Salita to move as long as the winner would fight Maidana in their very first defense.

He'll vacate and fight someone like Morales or maybe even a Barrera rematch. :lol:

I'm devastated aswell :( Guess I'll have to make-do with Vitali 8) :lol:

He'll vacate and fight someone like Morales or maybe even a Barrera rematch. :lol:

Don't get me started on the Barrera fight. :evil:

Not so sure about Maidana....I'd like to hope he shatters Khans glass just for the comedy value but Khan will no doubt duck him. Shame because it could actually be a competitive match from what I've seen of Maidana so far....he hits hard yeah but he's sloppy and also doesn't appear to have a great chin himself.

It'd be like a pint glass once he'd finished with it.

You've lost me there :?:

Khan is actually in a very difficult position now, thinking about it. If he ducks this guy then who the hell can he fight? Moving up in weight might have been a good move in the short term but I get the feeling 2010 will be an enormously bad year for the guy unless he drops the belt and lets Warren and the gibbering retard pick some cannon fodder for him.

Khan is actually in a very difficult position now, thinking about it. If he ducks this guy then who the hell can he fight? Moving up in weight might have been a good move in the short term but I get the feeling 2010 will be an enormously bad year for the guy unless he drops the belt and lets Warren and the gibbering retard pick some cannon fodder for him.

Aha, I'm guessing you thought I was talking about Khan getting smashed, but in fact I was referring to Hayden's y'know :winkold: :lol:

Aha, I'm guessing you thought I was talking about Khan getting smashed, but in fact I was referring to Hayden's y'know :winkold: :lol:

Ah right, now I understand. I wish I didn't but I do :shock:

Â