The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Whyte really is **** awful, struggled for a lot of that fight, very poor. 

Warrington was superb, if he had any sort of power he'd be very good, outboxed Frampton for large part of that fight, great tactics, great pressure but did a lot of clever things in there as well.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, West said:

Whyte fought a very smart fight. Kept his energy for the latter rounds. Signs of a much improved fighter. Granite chin and savage left hook make him a dangerous opponent for any of the 'big 3'.

Are you serious? Whyte was awful. Chisora was winning the fight had this town to 12. Whyte get a destroyed by aj or wilder

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Are you serious? Whyte was awful. Chisora was winning the fight had this town to 12. Whyte get a destroyed by aj or wilder

Lol. He may look ungainly but his chin will ensure he isn't destroyed by any heavyweight. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yeah just like the time he fought an first time!

Was he destroyed? That version of Whyte was a complete novice. Now we have a Whyte with a résumé second only to AJ amongst current heavyweights.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whyte really is **** awful, struggled for a lot of that fight, very poor. 

Warrington was superb, if he had any sort of power he'd be very good, outboxed Frampton for large part of that fight, great tactics, great pressure but did a lot of clever things in there as well.

You may not like Whyte but credit where credit is due. He has knocked down Parker (something AJ didn't manage), knocked out Chisora (something Fury couldn't manage) and has clearly improved. He deserves a world title shot. 

11 hours ago, West said:

You may not like Whyte but credit where credit is due. He has knocked down Parker (something AJ didn't manage), knocked out Chisora (something Fury couldn't manage) and has clearly improved. He deserves a world title shot. 

AJ didn't even try to knock down Parker such was his timid approach to the entire fight and Fury vs Chisora, especially the second fight they had, was far less competitive than either of the Whyte vs Chisora fights, Fury far more impressive and his second fight with Chisora was stopped earlier than the fight last night (against a much younger Chisora as well), so you're not really much of a defence of Whyte tbh.

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

AJ didn't even try to knock down Parker such was his timid approach to the entire fight and Fury vs Chisora, especially the second fight they had, was far less competitive than either of the Whyte vs Chisora fights, Fury far more impressive and his second fight with Chisora was stopped earlier than the fight last night (against a much younger Chisora as well), so you're not really much of a defence of Whyte tbh.

All I know is fury would absolutely humilate whyte in a fight. Whyte gets knocked out by wilder and aj I think he probably loses that one as well. I was actually shocked that chiosa looked in better shape than whyte.

Whyte needs to sort out his physic  firstly (maybe he needs to sign up with haye!) Whyte is better off fighting Miller next then which he probably win that one then we see how he will do against wilder.

He has the power to hurt wilder but I think he gets hurt bad if he gets whacked by that right hand.

Fury will run rings around Whyte yes, but Whyte will rough him up, make it physical and if he connects we know Fury will go down. 

AJ v Whyte is also no foregone conclusion. 

Ultimately any of the top 4 (I now throw Dillian into the mix) can beat each other in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, West said:

Fury will run rings around Whyte yes, but Whyte will rough him up, make it physical and if he connects we know Fury will go down. 

AJ v Whyte is also no foregone conclusion. 

Ultimately any of the top 4 (I now throw Dillian into the mix) can beat each other in my opinion. 

We don't know that, Whyte is hardly a massive puncher and he'll never be in position to land with full power against Fury. Fury would not get touched.

Â