The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ll watch the Whyte Chisora fight. Will it be 10:30/11 ish ring walk?

Are both PPV shows going to clash their main event fights also?

Yes which is pretty stupid. Chisora and whyte will be more of interest to the public than the other fight.

Pathetic that Whyte vs Chisora, a domestic level fight, is PPV LOL, Hearn 'great for boxing' though apparently. Logic tells you Chisora is too long in the tooth to win, but Whyte is in bad shape and really isn't very good in the first place. I'd say the fact that both of tonight's fights are PPV is a back eye for the sport.

13 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

guessing chisora/whyte isn't selling as well due to frampton/warrington (and an absolutely shit undercard) as there was the rather predictable scuffle at the weigh in.

Chisora decided to turn up wearing a tshirt with what looks like a cartoon donald trump holding dillian whytes freshly severed head and "dillain suck my ." on his undies. Seems some of them took the scuffle a bit more seriously than others including Chisora himself who appeared to shove his own trainer through a partition wall. Lots of shouting & shoving but nothing thrown, not even a punch. 

Shame really, The first fight was so good and now both of them will lose out financially because Hearn decided to be a bellend and stick it on at the same time as a world title fight, also means frampton/warrington will lose out as i imagine the whyte fight on sky ppv will sell far more than the bt ppv.

... and the fight in itself not being PPV worthy, it's not an important fight, a good ''dust up' first time round doesn't make it PPV worthy. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

22 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Billy Joe Saunders came in at 178.25 lbs for his tune up fight against Adamu tomorrow - just the 18lbs over then Billy?

The fight is at light heavyweight isn't it?

15 minutes ago, KHV said:

The fight is at light heavyweight isn't it?

I think it's at whatever BJS wanted to come in at. Looking at him and the condition he's in, he might well struggle to get down to middleweight again and retain any strength using his erm...new methods.

Â