The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Absolutely no belief whatsoever from Fielding. With all the weight and reach advantage and then to fight in a way which totally negated those advantages.  I just cannot understand his thinking or lack of. Something didn't feel right about that fight. Fielding made to look like some sacrificial lamb. 

It made me angry, he's a disgrace to the sport, simply did not have a plan. Either Jamie Moore is a pathetic trainer or simply put, Fielding is a thick piece of shit who has no boxing IQ and ability to follow a game plan, so probably the latter.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely this - you don't invest $365m and the fate of your new broadcasting company into a box office product and then put that product at risk - I have a feeling his next few fights will be carefully selected, I wouldn't be surprised to see Eubank Jr get a go. I don't see him fighting anyone that can beat him in the immediate future.

That would be great to watch. Canelo using that clown as a punch bag for 12 rounds. Canelo would win that fight so easily 

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It made me angry, he's a disgrace to the sport, simply did not have a plan. Either Jamie Moore is a pathetic trainer or simply put, Fielding is a thick piece of shit who has no boxing IQ and ability to follow a game plan, so probably the latter.

or he just thought **** it im being paid i cant beat him lets just stop him from doing too much damage to my face and noggin, i can take the missus shopping in new york tomorrow, maybe see the big christmas tree

left his body so open and showed no signs of learning from it or trying to stop it

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

or he just thought **** it im being paid i cant beat him lets just stop him from doing too much damage to my face and noggin, i can take the missus shopping in new york tomorrow, maybe see the big christmas tree

left his body so open and showed no signs of learning from it or trying to stop it

Yep. Fielding wanted a pay day. God knows how this guy wa# a champion. I would put him on the same level as Chris Martin and audley harrison

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. Fielding wanted a pay day. God knows how this guy wa# a champion. I would put him on the same level as Chris Martin and audley harrison

Not really a champion though is he, Just another Christmas Cracker plastic belt holder. The WBA is the worst of the lot of them, they can have 4 different peope all holding a belt in the same division, They have even had 2 different people defending the WBA belt in the same division on the same night before now & after a boxer dies you would think that they would be removed from the rankings, Oh no, not the WBA, Apparantly dying just drops you from ranked 5th to ranked 11th.

• Haha 1

Doesn't look like anyone is taking any chances with Tommy Furys debut.

His opponent is 37 year old Jevgenijs "Lucky" Andrejevs who has one of the worst ever records in boxing. It's actually so bad it's quite impressive. 10 wins, 102 Defeats and 3 Draws.

Rather incredibly he has only been stopped 13 times in his 102 defeats. Hi is basically a punchbag that occasionally falls off the hook.

Interestingly Eric Gomez (goldenboy president) has come out and said that they are interested in getting Canelo Over here to fight Callum Smith at Wembley after he has won his cinco de mayo fight. next year

Edited by LakotaDakota

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Not really a champion though is he, Just another Christmas Cracker plastic belt holder. The WBA is the worst of the lot of them, they can have 4 different peope all holding a belt in the same division, They have even had 2 different people defending the WBA belt in the same division on the same night before now & after a boxer dies you would think that they would be removed from the rankings, Oh no, not the WBA, Apparantly dying just drops you from ranked 5th to ranked 11th.

Fairly sure it's two per division, a 'regular' and a 'super' belt, interim titles aren't recognised, but yes, definitely the worst organisation of the lot.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fairly sure it's two per division, a 'regular' and a 'super' belt, interim titles aren't recognised, but yes, definitely the worst organisation of the lot.

They still currently have 3 champions (including interims) listed in 4,possibly 5 different divisions and have/had Usyk/Shumenov & Goulamiran listed as Super/Regular & Gold cruiserweight champions & also Super/Regular/gold champs at 154lb

13 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

They still currently have 3 champions (including interims) listed in 4,possibly 5 different divisions and have/had Usyk/Shumenov & Goulamiran listed as Super/Regular & Gold cruiserweight champions & also Super/Regular/gold champs at 154lb

TBH pretty much all of the sanctioning bodies have 'interim' titles of sorts and internally recognise those 'champions', it's not just the WBA, the WBC has 'international' and 'silver' titles, the IBF has an interim title that they occasionally dust off as well. WBA is the worst and that's mainly because they seem to recognise the 'regular' and 'super' title holders as world champions. 

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

TBH pretty much all of the sanctioning bodies have 'interim' titles of sorts and internally recognise those 'champions', it's not just the WBA, the WBC has 'international' and 'silver' titles, the IBF has an interim title that they occasionally dust off as well. WBA is the worst and that's mainly because they seem to recognise the 'regular' and 'super' title holders as world champions. 

Yep, The whole thing is stupid really. No point in joshua/wilder trying to unify all the belts as they only fight twice per year which would mean they are unable to fulfil their obligations to defend against the mandatory challenger for each sanctioning body anyway which just leads to even more Silver/Interim/Bullshit belts yet again. If you have 3 belts you should be forced to fight 3 times per year. 3x 10-12 weeks camps + a week of recovery after a bout still gives you 3 months+ of doing whatever you want per year

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Yep, The whole thing is stupid really. No point in joshua/wilder trying to unify all the belts as they only fight twice per year which would mean they are unable to fulfil their obligations to defend against the mandatory challenger for each sanctioning body anyway which just leads to even more Silver/Interim/Bullshit belts yet again. If you have 3 belts you should be forced to fight 3 times per year. 3x 10-12 weeks camps + a week of recovery after a bout still gives you 3 months+ of doing whatever you want per year

That's why I put so much stock in the lineal title (at heavyweight) because it actually means something. Boxing needs a total overhaul, one world champ per division, I'd actually say an interim title under those circumstances is acceptable, like in the UFC for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That's why I put so much stock in the lineal title (at heavyweight) because it actually means something. Boxing needs a total overhaul, one world champ per division, I'd actually say an interim title under those circumstances is acceptable, like in the UFC for example.

Yep totally agree. Far more importance needs to be placed on the lineal title because it's really the only title that matters. Having so many belts muddies the waters way too much.

The endless belts issue as well as some of the recent judging controversies have given MMA and UFC specifically a huge leg up as the biggest spectator combat sport.

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Problem with one belt is could take a top boxer ages to get a shot at a title. Let’s use the fury wilder as a example. Ends a draw, then you have to wait for a rematch it could be ages before you get a title shot. Th3n let’s say fury wins, wilder wants a rematch.

i think there should be two or three titles at a push tops

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Problem with one belt is could take a top boxer ages to get a shot at a title. Let’s use the fury wilder as a example. Ends a draw, then you have to wait for a rematch it could be ages before you get a title shot. Th3n let’s say fury wins, wilder wants a rematch.

i think there should be two or three titles at a push tops

No you have a ranking system, if Wilder loses he falls down the pack and another guy gets the shot, simple. In the meantime guys lower down the ranking fight each other in order to get into contention. It's really simple and works perfectly in other combat sports.

guessing chisora/whyte isn't selling as well due to frampton/warrington (and an absolutely shit undercard) as there was the rather predictable scuffle at the weigh in.

Chisora decided to turn up wearing a tshirt with what looks like a cartoon donald trump holding dillian whytes freshly severed head and "dillain suck my ." on his undies. Seems some of them took the scuffle a bit more seriously than others including Chisora himself who appeared to shove his own trainer through a partition wall. Lots of shouting & shoving but nothing thrown, not even a punch. 

Shame really, The first fight was so good and now both of them will lose out financially because Hearn decided to be a bellend and stick it on at the same time as a world title fight, also means frampton/warrington will lose out as i imagine the whyte fight on sky ppv will sell far more than the bt ppv.

nfaikzk.jpg

Â