The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind brook wpuld destroy Kel even at 147. Of course Khan wont go up as he knows kell would make light work of him.

Absolutely bad gift from Khan yesterday. Oh if he tries step in with Spence or Crawford he will get humilated 

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Khan showed his usual vulnerabilites but I think a Khan vs Brook fight would sell well and would be worth watching just for the fun of it.

Also watched Garcia vs Porter with Garcia losing on points.

Was a close fight but I had porter up just.

Spence will destroy porter. God knows what the hell happened to big mouth thurman

Garcia vs Porter went exactly how I thought it would, had I not believed Porter had seen better days. Very much one of those 'what do you like more fights', Porter's volume and aggression vs Garcia's cleaner and more impactful work. Porter surprised me as he looked much fresher than in his last two fights and he showed a different, more patient style at times. Overall a toss up fight that wouldn't complain if it had been a draw or 115-113 either way.

Moving forward I think Porter will be a fairly easy fight for Spence.

Another top fight delivered without much fuss by Eddie Hearn. 

Meanwhile the shambles that is Frank Warren still hasn't announced the date or venue for Wilder-Fury. Rumour has it he is waiting for AJ fight week to announce it. Pathetic lol. 

15 hours ago, West said:

Meanwhile the shambles that is Frank Warren still hasn't announced the date or venue for Wilder-Fury. Rumour has it he is waiting for AJ fight week to announce it. Pathetic lol. 

Okay Eddie ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, West said:

Wouldn't go that far mate. This is very easy work for Usyk, won't even be a competitive fight, hardly a 'top fight', rather just show casing a 'top fighter' against a scrub. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Wouldn't go that far mate. This is very easy work for Usyk, won't even be a competitive fight, hardly a 'top fight', rather just show casing a 'top fighter' against a scrub. 

Must admit I have only seen Usyk once. It's a cracking payday for Bellew again but that's all it will be

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Must admit I have only seen Usyk once. It's a cracking payday for Bellew again but that's all it will be

Not seen any figures but can't imagine it's a big payday, Usyk is hardly a massive draw. For what it's worth though, Usyk is definitely one of the best P4P skill wise.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not seen any figures but can't imagine it's a big payday, Usyk is hardly a massive draw. For what it's worth though, Usyk is definitely one of the best P4P skill wise.

Depends on what you class as a big payday. It's not going to be anywhere near a high profile payday like Mayweather or Alvarez generate but I'm certain Mr Bellew will be able to buy a few more properties after the event to add to his portfolio

Just now, KHV said:

Depends on what you class as a big payday. It's not going to be anywhere near a high profile payday like Mayweather or Alvarez generate but I'm certain Mr Bellew will be able to buy a few more properties after the event to add to his portfolio

Relatively speaking yes, this will probably be at the higher end over his career. But assuming this will be PPV I see it as a hard sell to a mass audience. A fairly under the radar fighter like Usyk who has made his bones in one of the more unfashionable divisions in the sport against Bellew, who isn't at all a PPV draw.

20 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Fair play to Bellew he seems to have no/little fear(or sense?)

He is Fighting Usyk at Cruiserweight for all of the belts at Manchester Arena on November 10th.

Bellew only 4/1 witht he bookies that currently have it up ?

Should be 100 / 1, IMO. Bellew will get absolutely school's.

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Obviously they are a class apart in pure boxing skills but it's a top fight in the sense that Bellew has enhanced his name and showcased the ability to brawl and actually bang. 

Usyk should make Bellew look silly but I haven't followed his career close enough to know what he's like when he's up against someone willing to make it dirty. 

Â