The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I don't think Fury's powder puff punches will trouble Deontay Wilder in the slightest. One clean connection and it's lights out for the Gypsy King. Easy money for both fighters but only one outcome.

34 minutes ago, West said:

I don't think Fury's powder puff punches will trouble Deontay Wilder in the slightest. One clean connection and it's lights out for the Gypsy King. Easy money for both fighters but only one outcome.

What a lame fight. Fury couldnt even knock this bum out he has absplutely nk chamce of knocking wilder out. He will have to out box him for any chance at all

8 hours ago, penguin said:

Fury didn't look like he'd got out of 2nd gear and the other guy looked like he'd accepted defeat from the off, awful fight.

Exactly. He has fought two bums in 3 years. Wilder is arguably the best in the world. Fury couldnt even knock him out. 

Fury needs one more competitive fight before this. He should have fought whyte or bellew.

I think this will be his retirement fight and he is just in it for the money

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Very easy money for Wilder I’d think

Mid rounds stoppage IMO, as soon as Wilder just goes for it. Fury simply isn't good enough to evade a Wilder right hand all night, Wilder can loop it (a shot Fury has been dropped twice in his career from) or throw it short with lots of power and always finds a way to land it. Fury's weak chin will not hold it, and his 'offence' coming back will not be good enough to keep Wilder honest, he doesn't have much power and doesn't really have much of a right hand either, just a left hand which he can jab and hook with, with the hook not being especially powerful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It means he's looking for a fight because Joshua has decided to fight his mandatory instead.

The WBC is a joke.  He should have fought whyte ages ago. Although I am happy wilder is fighting fury. I think wilder will win but won't be as easy as some think

Thia will be wilder s toughest fight but fury does not have the power to hurt wilder.  He ha sit outbox him like he did with klitschiko 

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

I expect Fury will be able to absorb an enormous amount of abuse. If it gets stopped it’ll be late (IMO) but I expect it’ll go the distance.

Based on what? He's been dropped twice by very light punchers (Nevan Pajkic and Steve Cunningham). I honestly don't think he has that much of a chin to be honest. If the fight goes the distance it would be because Wilder has not been effective with his power punches and means he'd most likely lose. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

The whole thing looks completely staged in an attempt to give a big f*** you to Eddie Hearn & AJ. The winner will then have a much stronger bargaining position for any future deal with AJ. 

But I can't see Fury getting a favourable decision in the US by just being elusive. If it goes 12 rounds, Wilder will win regardless of how the fight has gone...

Edited by West

1 hour ago, West said:

The whole thing looks completely staged in an attempt to give a big f*** you to Eddie Hearn & AJ. The winner will then have a much stronger bargaining position for any future deal with AJ. 

But I can't see Fury getting a favourable decision in the US by just being elusive. If it goes 12 rounds, Wilder will win regardless of how the fight has gone...

Good luck with that fury will never let them get away with that. The guy is very smart indeed.

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Mid rounds stoppage IMO, as soon as Wilder just goes for it. Fury simply isn't good enough to evade a Wilder right hand all night, Wilder can loop it (a shot Fury has been dropped twice in his career from) or throw it short with lots of power and always finds a way to land it. Fury's weak chin will not hold it, and his 'offence' coming back will not be good enough to keep Wilder honest, he doesn't have much power and doesn't really have much of a right hand either, just a left hand which he can jab and hook with, with the hook not being especially powerful.

Yes very much this. 

Add to that he's had virtually zero top level preparation to take on one of the top boxers in the world. It is a strange one indeed for me. 

Surely Fury would have been better taking a couple more practice fights and working towards facing Joshua which would have been a far far bigger cash out for him. 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Yes very much this. 

Add to that he's had virtually zero top level preparation to take on one of the top boxers in the world. It is a strange one indeed for me. 

Surely Fury would have been better taking a couple more practice fights and working towards facing Joshua which would have been a far far bigger cash out for him. 

Yes but he is in it for the money. If he was serious about this fight he would have fought either whyte-chisora-bellew

He wants one final pay day. Joshua would beat him and wilder will beat him. But i think he stands a better chance of beating wilder on points as he is a terrible boxer.

If wilder doesn't land and its a big if fury can totally out box him. For a big guy its surprising how weak fury is at punching 

Fury is just looking for a payday and Wilder knows he can get a big pay day against Fury and get an easy win. Fury can't afford to fight anyone decent as a warm-up because he'd probably lose so that's why the fight has been made now. Fury gets one last payday and Wilder gets to setup the Joshua superfight with a win over the man who beat Vlad.  

Â