The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Usyk is going up and he'd beat Ward very clearly IMO.

Not sure I think usyk would edge it but ward is a very intelligent fighter. It would be a great fight though.

heavyweight he is too small and I don’t think he would do that well. I mean wilder would kill him.

So Parker vs Whyte is PPV, what a load of garbage, two fringe guys in the division square off, a pretty awful undercard as well, and they want you to pay for it (on top of your Sky subscription?). Ridiculous. Anyway, I see Parker winning this over the distance, Whyte is sloppy and open, Parker has much more handspeed and better movement. Neither has obvious advantages in power. Parker being the better boxer will see him though and he will open up more than in the Joshua fight (with that being a closer fight than the cards will have you believe). 

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So Parker vs Whyte is PPV, what a load of garbage, two fringe guys in the division square off, a pretty awful undercard as well, and they want you to pay for it (on top of your Sky subscription?). Ridiculous. Anyway, I see Parker winning this over the distance, Whyte is sloppy and open, Parker has much more handspeed and better movement. Neither has obvious advantages in power. Parker being the better boxer will see him though and he will open up more than in the Joshua fight (with that being a closer fight than the cards will have you believe). 

I am gonna be honest this card dont look too bad better than some of Joshuas undercards. I think there won't be any ko it will be whyte by points.

Shame brook pulled out

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hearn working his magic again.

People will make a song and dance about PPVs but half the time you'll have your mates over or nothing better is on and you'll buy it. Boxing is booming in Britain so PPV isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

Â