The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Interesting to hear than Parker only had surgery in December on his elbows but he's now 100% fit and pain free as a result.

Might explain his below par performances against Fury and Ruiz.

I think Joshua wins but Parker has the tools to get at him and give him trouble.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I've took a point on Brown to win via KO between the 7th and 12th, I've not seen him fight since before his ban so I cant really say much about him. 

I did read that Whyte has never stopped anyone after the 6th whilst the majority of Browns stoppages have come after the 7th.

10/1 I got on that.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whyte is an awful domestic level boxer, Browne is also awful. Browne has a lot more power than Whyte, but does have a dodgy chin. I think it could well deliver in the excitement department though. 

Yeah I'm looking forward to this one for some reason, it will either be a gruellng scrap which will be fun to watch or it'l be two cumbersome heavyweights hugging it out for 12 rounds.

Brownes power isn't so much one punch ko stuff if I remember rightly, doesn't he get most of his KO's by clubbing them into submission rather than sparking them out, like I said earlier it's been a good while since I have seen him.

Canelo has been suspended by the Nevada Athletic Comission and has a hearing on April 10th to decide if they believe his failed tests were down to dodgy meat.

GGG is still intending to fight on May 5th and i guess Saunders would make sense presuming that the "injury" that has caused him to cancel his fight with Murray is just to make sure he is free if the opportunity arises

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Saunders puts in one good display against a hyper limited Lemieux who GGG already dispatched of in much more impressive fashion and some talk about him like he'd Pernall Whitaker. Would love to see Golovkin put a beating on him.

So would I. I am not a saunders fan at all but his last performance was bloody impressive.

Saunders dont have the power to ko triple g. But i think triple g can hurt saunders

Still can't see a Canelo fight in Vegas getting cancelled on a Mexican national holiday. Too much money on the table.  It might take the brown envelope filled with dollar bills which normally allows these things to happen to be a bit bigger, but someone will make it happen won't they? 

I fancy Whyte tonight too, Lucas Browne has always struck me as a bouncer rather than a boxer, big puncher but doesn't offer much else. Even if he wins here I don't think the guys at the top of the division have much to worry about.  Maybe he gets a shot against Joesph Parker at some point because of the Australia vs New Zealand angle but he ain't winning a world title any time soon and as he's pushing 40 there isn't that much time left. 

The undercard is live on YouTube right now btw. 

Edited by The_Rev

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I've never seen a fighter with such a low guard.

He was defending shots with his face, terrible terrible fighter.

Plenty of fighters carry a low guard, they tend to make up for it with footwork and head movement. Browne was just shambling forwards hoping to land that huge knockout punch.  The problem with guys like Browne is that they can knock bums over all day long but sooner or later they will meet somebody who they can't hit or somebody their best shot has no effect on, when that happens they are cannon fodder. I don't think Whyte is much more than gatekeeper level myself but he was streets ahead of Browne. 

• Like 1

Wondering if he is in worse condition than originally thought. Large pool of blood around his head when he sat up a little, Sky didn't show any replays of the KO at all & the show was abruptly ended and taken off the air 30 minutes early just as they were going to start discussing the fight.

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Wondering if he is in worse condition than originally thought. Large pool of blood around his head when he sat up a little, Sky didn't show any replays of the KO at all & the show was abruptly ended and taken off the air 30 minutes early just as they were going to start discussing the fight.

The camera did cut to Anna briefly when they were talking and she was signalling to someone off screen, the whole thing finished about 30 seconds after that.

Â