The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Great news for the world of boxing

Audley Harrison will continue boxing despite his abysmal showing in the world title fight against David Haye last month.

Related LinksThe Pugilist: Froch deserves better

Haye batters Harrison in three rounds

..Former Olympic gold medallist Harrison was pilloried for his efforts - or lack of them - in a fight which saw him fail to land a single meaningful punch on Haye.

And the British Boxing Board of Control confirmed that they are considering withholding Harrison's pay for the bout.

But the 39-year-old has vowed to continue in the ring, claiming he was just finding his rhythm when he was stopped by Haye in the third round.

“After spending some time away reflecting on the fight and outcome, I have made the decision to continue my journey in boxing and carry on my career as a professional," he said in a statement.

"The David Haye experience had many highs away from the ring and I'm happy I had a great training camp and worked with two of my brothers again in camp. I surrounded myself with a world class team and pushed myself to the limit in training and left my changing room knowing I had given my all to get to this point.

"The outcry from the fight is expected as I didn't get the result I wanted and the critics have once again tried to bury me under the rubble and hope I disappear. All I can say is I had a game plan and went into the ring to win. The way the fight ended was frustrating to me as I didn't get going and was just settling into my rhythm.

"Both styles of feinting and moving was off-setting the both of us in the first two rounds and I was just zoning in on his rhythm when he got through.

"I'll never be crash - bang - wallop and I'm glad about that; my style is unique but can run into problems like all styles can and I got caught by a good set of punches to go down. I give David credit as I never expected him to hurt me as he did, but anyone could see it was a premature stoppage and I should have been allowed to carry on and ride out the rough patch, even if that meant I would have got KO’d.

"I think the Vitali Klitschko beating of Shannon Briggs a few weeks earlier and the public outcry made the referee jump in early and I was denied the opportunity to show my grit, determination and desire to be in there and compete and try to get back on level terms.

"Let the haters and negative comments continue – I don't really care. I know me and I can sleep at night as I'm happy with who I am today. Yes it hurts not to achieve your goals, but we roll up our sleeves and we try again; such is the beauty of life.”

What a joke

When will this guy reaise he's an amateur boxer and as a professional he isn't good enough to win the world title

The Steve Bunce show was good this week.

I like Bunce. His show can be a bit hit or miss depending on the guests he has on. Good interviews with Fraudley, Bernard Hopkins and James DeGale this week though. Check it out.

I love Bunce. He took a lot of stick for having Audley on but justified it with his questioning for me. Hopkins was on fantastic form as well. I wasn't expecting to hear him on the Bunce our after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwzjtJu9wA4.

Wlad has pulled out of the Chisora fight with a "back injury" :lol:

I assume there was more than a 1% chance he might lose then?

Del Boy didn't have a hope in hell mate. It's a strange one considering he did an open workout just a few hours ago.

Brook's opponent has also pulled out, Afrobum steps in.

Clev's opponent has pulled out, not sure if they'll get a replacement.

Gavin has pulled out with Flu.

Wlad has pulled out of the Chisora fight with a "back injury" :lol:

I assume there was more than a 1% chance he might lose then?

Of course there was. He was fighting a crazy bastard who's not scared and is more than willing to fight back, unlike recent Klitschko victims.

Back injury my **** wart infested hairy old scrotum, he's pussied it.

Oh and I'm never drinking Amber Jack ever again :x

In Khan news...

'Amir Khan: ''Mayweather blanked me on twitter'

''He was following me on twitter and then all these people were going on about us fighting and he stopped following me. He's blanked me ever since. I know he could read all the messeges that people were tweeting and I dont think he liked it.

''So now I have blanked him aswell''.

In Khan news...

'Amir Khan: ''Mayweather blanked me on twitter'

''He was following me on twitter and then all these people were going on about us fighting and he stopped following me. He's blanked me ever since. I know he could read all the messeges that people were tweeting and I dont think he liked it.

''So now I have blanked him aswell''.

Erm....ever think it might not have actually been him, Amir?

What a prick he is, honestly. He'll be claiming he could beat up Haye next because he refused his friend invitation on facebook or something.

And YOU call Wlad a pussy?

And YOU call Wlad a pussy?

Lol. Couldn't get my calibration right, was pretty pissed after 3 litres and then drank 2 more pints of normal cider afterwards....t'was an all day hangover yesterday and I went to bed with Horlicks and a book last night to detox. Back on the 5.3% stuff tonight....AJ is a little too sweet for me too to be honest. Back on the Aston Manor stuff, lining Ellis's pockets.

Oh and Wlad is a pussy, I'd knock him out myself but I'm getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Â