The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Can't wait for Mayweather to expose that guy, I want to see Roach crying retard tears at ringside when his cash cow gets hammered 8)

Me too.

Retard tears :lol:

OK that was cruel of me.....but in my own defence Roach is a pretty cruel human being too, examples being using his current cash cows to dismantle former greats in DLH and Barrera - and it seems that Casamayor is next too so **** him. I hope a big, 6 foot 9 black bloke sucker punches him while he's waiting in line for his mong medicine, then he might get an idea what it feels like. Or something.

I get the feeling that Roach suffers from both 'small man syndrome' and 'retard against the world' syndrome, can't wait to see his bubble get burst.

Can't wait for Mayweather to expose that guy, I want to see Roach crying retard tears at ringside when his cash cow gets hammered 8)

Me too.

OK that was cruel of me.....but in my own defence Roach is a pretty cruel human being too, examples being using his current cash cows to dismantle former greats in DLH and Barrera - and it seems that Casamayor is next too so **** him. I hope a big, 6 foot 9 black bloke sucker punches him while he's waiting in line for his mong medicine, then he might get an idea what it feels like. Or something.

I get the feeling that Roach suffers from both 'small man syndrome' and 'retard against the world' syndrome, can't wait to see his bubble get burst.

You don't like him then?

Anyone got a stream for Cotto?

It won't be starting for about another 2 hours yet (I think). If I find a decent link i'll post it here.

2 hours. That's late isn't it? Even coming from the States.

I'll probably be asleep by then, cheers anyway :)

Khan V Casamayor is going to happen, according to The Sun...

When I read it I thought "I thought Casamayor retired years ago, didn't he?"

Which tells you all you need to know, another joke Khan fight.

Who else could he fight?

Casamayor whooped Katsidis. And Katsidis is the mandatory for the winner of Diaz/Marquez.

So who?

Someone who isn't middle aged perhaps? Casamayor will be 39 years old by the time the Khan fight happens, if it happens.

Maybe Khan should forget about fighting people that have beaten Katsidis and try to beat the guy that beat him....just a suggestion.

A fight with Prescott would be a step backwards. Casamayor, Kotelnik and Malignaggi are all better than Prescott.

Me too.

Barrera was P4P#3 when Pacquiao fought him.

Khan V Casamayor is going to happen, according to The Sun...

When I read it I thought "I thought Casamayor retired years ago, didn't he?"

Which tells you all you need to know, another joke Khan fight.

Who else could he fight?

Casamayor whooped Katsidis. And Katsidis is the mandatory for the winner of Diaz/Marquez.

So who?

Someone who isn't middle aged perhaps? Casamayor will be 39 years old by the time the Khan fight happens, if it happens.

Maybe Khan should forget about fighting people that have beaten Katsidis and try to beat the guy that beat him....just a suggestion.

A fight with Prescott would be a step backwards. Casamayor, Kotelnik and Malignaggi are all better than Prescott.

I wouldn't say Casamayor is better than Prescott right now, but that isn't the point. Khan has an unavenged loss and he should rematch the guy - but he won't, and we all know why :winkold:

Me too.

Barrera was P4P#3 when Pacquiao fought him.

I was referring to when Khan fought him, where was Barrera on the P4P list then?

Download links can be provided if people still need them

*SPOILERS*

Heeeee's back 8) I was impressed with him tonight, thought he worked the jab well & seemed to have worked very well with Steward. Foreman has some balls as well to keep fighting with his knee like that.

JOE LOUIS, Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali and Rocky Marciano all fought at the Yankee Stadium in New York.

Big-time boxing returned last Saturday when Miguel Cotto won the WBA light-middleweight from Yuri Foreman. Thousands crammed into the new $1.5billion stadium, located across the road from the original home of the New York Yankees.

Promoter Bob Arum has delivered the huge gate after putting in hours of groundwork selling the fight.

When it comes to staging big shows in the US, no one is better than Arum. Just look what has been achieved with Manny Pacquiao.

Arum helped make Puerto Rican Cotto a big star - and few names are bigger in New York. But New Yorker Foreman has a story as well. He's boxing's first Jewish world champion in years and is studying to become a Rabbi.

Whereas Arum has built stars for years, Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions cherry picks the products of others' hard work - this despite De La Hoya becoming a superstar under Arum.

Only this week, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said that, compared to other promoters, his firm was the 'Barcelona of boxing - only interested in stars' which most rivals will find insulting.

The main reason behind Golden Boy's success is their five-year TV deal with HBO, signed when De La Hoya was still fighting. That expires next year and I don't think there will be a new five-year offer on the table now he has retired.

And if Schaefer thinks British promoters are going to develop stars only to see them lured to America, he's mistaken. But, if a boxer is out of contract, he can do as he wishes.

Amir Khan has already gone to Golden Boy, saying he wanted to fight the very best.

But, after just one appearance Stateside, he's back in the UK on July 31 with 38-year-old Cuban Joel Casamayor - who has spent most of his career at super-featherweight.

MICHAEL JENNINGS challenges for his old British welterweight title next month - but first his band, The Shoks, support Ian Brown. Jennings is a decent drummer when he's not knocking people out!

I SAID Vitali Klitschko wouldn't have any problems with Albert Sosnowski - and I was right.

But despite the one-sided nature of the fight, 60,000 turned out to watch it, while 11million tuned in on TV in Germany. Vitali must be doing something right.

It seems less likely David Haye will fight either Klitschko brother.

This week his manager/trainer Adam Booth said they had plenty of options. Even Audley Harrison has been thrown into the mix.

When he went up to heavyweight, Haye said he wanted to beat the brothers and then retire - and was adamant he wouldn't take on what he described as fat old men.

Vitali or Wladimir is the only fight the fans want to see him take.

Think he's still bitter about Khan? :lol:

JOE LOUIS, Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali and Rocky Marciano all fought at the Yankee Stadium in New York.

Big-time boxing returned last Saturday when Miguel Cotto won the WBA light-middleweight from Yuri Foreman. Thousands crammed into the new $1.5billion stadium, located across the road from the original home of the New York Yankees.

Promoter Bob Arum has delivered the huge gate after putting in hours of groundwork selling the fight.

When it comes to staging big shows in the US, no one is better than Arum. Just look what has been achieved with Manny Pacquiao.

Arum helped make Puerto Rican Cotto a big star - and few names are bigger in New York. But New Yorker Foreman has a story as well. He's boxing's first Jewish world champion in years and is studying to become a Rabbi.

Whereas Arum has built stars for years, Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions cherry picks the products of others' hard work - this despite De La Hoya becoming a superstar under Arum.

Only this week, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said that, compared to other promoters, his firm was the 'Barcelona of boxing - only interested in stars' which most rivals will find insulting.

The main reason behind Golden Boy's success is their five-year TV deal with HBO, signed when De La Hoya was still fighting. That expires next year and I don't think there will be a new five-year offer on the table now he has retired.

And if Schaefer thinks British promoters are going to develop stars only to see them lured to America, he's mistaken. But, if a boxer is out of contract, he can do as he wishes.

Amir Khan has already gone to Golden Boy, saying he wanted to fight the very best.

But, after just one appearance Stateside, he's back in the UK on July 31 with 38-year-old Cuban Joel Casamayor - who has spent most of his career at super-featherweight.

MICHAEL JENNINGS challenges for his old British welterweight title next month - but first his band, The Shoks, support Ian Brown. Jennings is a decent drummer when he's not knocking people out!

I SAID Vitali Klitschko wouldn't have any problems with Albert Sosnowski - and I was right.

But despite the one-sided nature of the fight, 60,000 turned out to watch it, while 11million tuned in on TV in Germany. Vitali must be doing something right.

It seems less likely David Haye will fight either Klitschko brother.

This week his manager/trainer Adam Booth said they had plenty of options. Even Audley Harrison has been thrown into the mix.

When he went up to heavyweight, Haye said he wanted to beat the brothers and then retire - and was adamant he wouldn't take on what he described as fat old men.

Vitali or Wladimir is the only fight the fans want to see him take.

Think he's still bitter about Khan? :lol:

Was about to post that, the comments about Casamayor are ironic considering he fought Barrera under Warren.

And talking as though his Vitali prediction was some kind of genius guess? :lol: **** off, that was the easiest fight to predict of the last 1000 years

I would never tire of punching Elie Seckbach. The same goes for Paulie as well.

Good luck with that.

The news of another possible Floyd Mayweather retirement has been the talk of the boxing world for the last few days. In a recent public appearance with a fan for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Floyd was asked about the albatross in the air: his pending fight with Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather stated that he was considering taking another year off from boxing. The video was released on YouTube and quickly spread from there. As word of "news" rapidly spead throughout the boxing community, the video was removed by the user, but the question still lingered. Mayweather's uncle and head trainer, Roger Mayweather, made an appearance on The Boxing Truth Radio on Sunday night to address the rumors. Co-host Ricardo Lois mentioned the video and asked, "What's going on with Floyd?"

"Don't worry about him; he ain't taking no two years off. He ain't taking no two years off now. He's the hottest thing in boxing," replied Roger Mayweather. "His thing is; he wants to whip Manny Pacquiao and prove to the world what his ass was on."

Lois then pressed the issue further. "Roger, you have to understand. Floyd Jr. goes on a video and he says it very clearly, 'I'm gonna take the next year to two years off'. Is this something you've discussed with him? What is this, man?"

Mayweather was adamant in his denial of another temporary retirement by his nephew. "Listen, listen, listen. Floyd ain't gonna take no year, next year, two years off. Shit. Floyd, right now, he just came off a damn near two-year layoff. So why would he take another two years off? That's stupid," stated Mayweather. Before Mayweather responded to questions from callers, he touched on the topic with a short parting statement: "He may say it, but we'll see."

Told y'all 8)

Open letter from Marcos Maidana

Dear boxing fans and press members,

The last time you have seen me I was celebrating my first victory in Las Vegas, as I knocked out Victor Cayo last March 27 on HBO and thus I proudly retained the WBA Interim Super Lightweight title for the second time. I can`t tell you how happy I was as my career seemed to go the right direction. That night I thought I was establishing a name for my myself in the US and new great opportunities were coming for me after that.

However, a series of unexpected events have unfolded ever since affecting me to the point that even retirement crossed my mind. However, I consider myself a true warrior, so I will fight for my rights until the end. I know most of you may be surprised to hear that. Surely, not as much surprised as I am myself, of course.

First of all, let me make it clear that I am in perfect health condition, so nothing of this has anything to do with injuries or any medical problems. I only have very serious managerial problems that have led me to a huge disappointment and uncertainty regarding my future.

For the last two months and to this date I remained in silence as I was trusting that certain people would deliver their promises to straight things up. They did not.

A few days after the Cayo fight I was resting in Buenos Aires and suddenly I learned through boxing web sites that I was scheduled to fight Timothy Bradley on June 19 in Aguacaliente, California. Then I called my now former manager Mario Margossian and he confirmed that he had in fact agreed that fight with both Golden Boy Promotions and HBO.

I was pissed as I had never been informed about any previous negotiations in that regard.

On the other hand, I turned the offer down as Margossian offered me little money for a fight of this magnitude. Then, the next day I again learned from boxing web sites that the date has been moved (without my approval, once again), this time for July 17 mentioning that I was recovering from a back injury, which was a lie.

I talked with Margossian again and he tried to convince me by offering me little more money, but at that point I became suspicious and I told him I would not take the fight, which it was always far from being formally accepted from me as I have never signed a contract, whatsoever.

I want to make it clear, however, that Golden Boy Promotions and HBO have both acted in good faith all along on this matter as I never had any direct contact with them or any other promoters involved in the Bradley fight at that point.

Now I know that they had made a reasonable offer for me to face Bradley, but that offer was significantly different when it came to me.

From that point on I started to find out that many other things regarding my career were not right so I put the case in the hands of my lawyers. Last May 12 I have notified Margossian about my irreversible decision to terminate the contract that we had, for which I had designated him as my manager.

On the other hand, there seems to be a huge mystery and confusion regarding possible existent contracts between myself and Golden Boy Promotions and or Universum Box Promotions, which happen to have a partnership. Both claim that they have contracts with me. Unfortunately, my former manager has never given me any originals or even copies of the contracts that I have signed or of those which he may have signed on my behalf during the last few years, so I have no way to verify what my situation is right now.

That is why early on last May I went directly to Golden Boy Promotions, and through phone conversations they promised me they would send me every alleged contract that they have. This was ratified during a personal meeting with Eric Gomez that took place last May 27 in Santa Fe, Argentina. They promised me to be perfectly clear and transparent, but they did not deliver as they finally decided not to reveal the contracts. I have not received anything from them.

Therefore, if Golden Boy Promotions or Universum Box Promotions have any contracts that link me with them, I publicly ask them to urgently show them to me and my team as my former manager Margossian would not for sure. If everything if perfectly clear and legal as they claim, what is the problem with showing all the papers to me?

I am sure that Oscar de la Hoya himself will totally understand me as a fellow colleague. I have a team in Argentina that is supporting me and giving me the right advice now, so I ask Oscar to take the matter in his own hands and meet with us to clarify the whole thing along with Universum. Otherwise, if they do not have any contracts that link me with them or if they are not interested in me, let me know it for real and I will continue with my career. I would be hugely disappointed if Oscar allows for my career to be interrupted or damaged whatsoever. I know he will not.

In all, I want to tell everybody that I would be delighted to face Bradley or any other world champions – especially, Amir Khan who is my mandatory as per WBA rules – as long as I get fair conditions (the right money and time to prepare myself).

Every one in boxing knows that I had to go the hard way to become the WBA Super Lightweight champion. First, by going to Germany to face local Andreas Kotelnik and then by going to Los Angeles to fight Victor Ortiz. That speaks for itself about me not ducking anyone, doesn’t it? I’m not scared to square off in the ring with anybody. I’m proud of being the WBA world champion and I’m hungry to face the best out there. But give me a fair treatment to do so, just as they do with other champions.

I want my fans to keep their faith in me and thank them for all the support that I am receiving, for which I’ll be grateful forever. God bless you all and see you in my next fight.

Marcos René Maidana

June 7, 2010

Â