The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

8oi

33 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

GGG struggling to pull the trigger, this is going pretty much exactly as I expected it to, GGG is 59 years old now, I don't know how anyone could have really made a case for him winning this.

I don't think anyone did make a serious case for him to win this fight.

48 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Darren Barker on Talk Shite saying Fury v Joshua is a bigger fight than Spence v Crawford. I'm inclined to disagree. 

Barker talking out his arse.

That would have  been bigger had aj not lost to ruiz. Now aj looks washed up.

Spence vs crawford is one of the biggest welterweight fights ever

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Talent level,  it's arguably up there with Leonard v Hearns.

If it lives up to be half the fight that was 🙏🤞🤞

Funny to think if it was a 12 round fight Hearns would have won (assuming ifs buts and maybe’s) 

Maybe Angelo would have said your blowing it son between rounds nine and ten 😃

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

If it lives up to be half the fight that was 🙏🤞🤞

Funny to think if it was a 12 round fight Hearns would have won (assuming ifs buts and maybe’s) 

Maybe Angelo would have said your blowing it son between rounds nine and ten 😃

Let's not forget the rematch, albeit, some years later, where Hearns  put Sugar Ray down twice and was robbed by the decision of a draw. Some things never change, certainly in boxing. 

I remember watching the second fight in the Porche club, Small Heath. One of them wore trunks similar to Apollo Creed from the Rocky films.

• Like 1

Shakur Stevenson,  losing his belts on the scales. He came in a bit over and admitted he had really been struggling to make JF weight. He will now move up to lightweight, which will be interesting, with the likes of Haney, Davis and Lomo.

It's still undecided if the original fight for Saturday night will still go ahead. Apparently, Conceicao could still choose to fight, and lose, and still keep the belts.

Eddie Hearn suing Jake Paul for $100m for defamation after the Youtuber claimed two big Matchroom fights ( Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua and April Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano) were fixed.

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Best performance I’ve seen from Joyce. Great fight. Shame he’s not 10 years younger.

Age is just a number for Joe. I've been singing his praises for a while. He also earnt me a few quid with the Dubois destruction. This kid is a danger to anyone in the division, hence,  no - one was ever calling him out.

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see any of the top lightweight's losing sleep over Stevenson on this performance. I'm sure the hometown cards won't reflect it, but this has been a pretty close fight by my reckoning.

Nothing close about that fight. It will take someone very skilled indeed, to break down that defence.

Admittedly, Stevenson isn't the greatest to watch, but take nothing away from his ability to hit and make you miss.

Â