The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Wilder bottled rematch with Fury (do not blame him after the manner of the last fight) Does this pave the way for a Fury Joshua domestic super fight? Get it on !!

Fury wins this fight IMO 

7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Wilder bottled rematch with Fury (do not blame him after the manner of the last fight) Does this pave the way for a Fury Joshua domestic super fight? Get it on !!

Fury wins this fight IMO 

Where did you hear that?

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Fury wins this fight IMO 

Some boxers become so demoralised after a defeat and are never the same again. Think of Hagler, Foreman, Curry and many more. I think Wilder is odds on to be joining that list. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Some boxers become so demoralised after a defeat and are never the same again. Think of Hagler, Foreman, Curry and many more. I think Wilder is odds on to be joining that list. 

I know Foreman came back, but it was a helluva long lay - off. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Indeed, Hamed After being schooled by Barrera springs to mind. 

Wilder would’ve watched that fight a dozen times and deep down knows that his greatest asset it’s not going to get him out of jail every time and that is where the rot will have set in. He got away with it against Ortiz just about but Fury is different gravy and he knows it

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Indeed, Hamed After being schooled by Barrera springs to mind. 

Wilder would’ve watched that fight a dozen times and deep down knows that his greatest asset it’s not going to get him out of jail every time and that is where the rot will have set in. He got away with it against Ortiz just about but Fury is different gravy and he knows it

Yep. Fury beat him and humilated him BAD.

Wilder should try chase a fight with AJ. He has more of a chance of winning

I reckon of the wilder fight dint happen fury will fight aj beat him and then retire again

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. Fury beat him and humilated him BAD.

Wilder should try chase a fight with AJ. He has more of a chance of winning

I reckon of the wilder fight dint happen fury will fight aj beat him and then retire again

Yes mate, pretty much on the cards, retire the undisputed, undefeated HW champion of the world. Can see another fight with AJ if it is fairly close purely for the money maybe but then hang them up and if so fair play to the bloke, cemented as one of the best of all time I would think  

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think I may have just witnessed one of the worse decisions in boxing, ever. 

Lewis Ritson got out maneuvered in every department by Vasques. I didn't see him win one round. That verdict is an absolute disgrace. 

117-11 would have been kind the other way round and that is being highly charitable. Do not understand how these verdicts are arrived at, I mean if was Mexico day in Las Vegas and you got a 118-10 it would be more understandable......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

117-11 would have been kind the other way round and that is being highly charitable. Do not understand how these verdicts are arrived at, I mean if was Mexico day in Las Vegas and you got a 118-10 it would be more understandable......

Terry O'connor, has to be the worse judge ever. What makes it worse, he's from Kingstanding. 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Terry O'connor, has to be the worse judge ever. What makes it worse, he's from Kingstanding. 

He’s scoring of the contest may well have something to do with him being on his phone, you could’nt  make it up for 🤦‍♂️ 🤣Talk of him being banned

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watched the Lopez and Loma fight. Such an absorbing contest, but Lopez deserved it. His focus was spot on and the speed of thought was such that Loma couldn't counter it. 

It's on You Tube, right now. 

Just caught the fight, Loma under estimated Lopez and so got his pacing wrong, it was tight though so be a different rematch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's like Tim Bradley said, if you can take the angles away he becomes an ordinary boxer. 

He definitely isn't average but he was made to look it cos Lopez was bang on, very impressive. 

The future is gonna be interesting. 

• Like 1

119-109 a bit silly but the right man definetely won. I don't think Lomachenko could do much better if im honest in a rematch. His midsection was getting ripped to pieces when he tried to step close to Lopez. Utterly confused fighting on the back foot and off the ropes - nobody good enough to put him in those spots before. Lopez only 23. He'd probably knock Lomachenko out if they fought again.

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lopez deserved winner well done to him.

Brook fighting crawford. Now im looking forward to that. Brooks a lot bigger than crawford so this could be a interesting fight

Very good fight. Crawford not that much younger than Brook either. It's certainly his toughest fight at welterweight on paper, could argue, maybe ever .

Â