The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

On 01/03/2020 at 19:02, LakotaDakota said:

Wilder Fury 3 going ahead in July according to Arum

Pointless.  Unless fury implodes like last time nothing wilder does will beat a 100% wilder. All he has is a punchers chance.

Wildler will get mulled again. He was better off letting aj fight fury then taking on the winner.would have been better for him to fight someone like whyte

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Pointless.  Unless fury implodes like last time nothing wilder does will beat a 100% wilder. All he has is a punchers chance.

Wildler will get mulled again. He was better off letting aj fight fury then taking on the winner.would have been better for him to fight someone like whyte

spacer.png

• Haha 3

On 26/02/2020 at 11:49, Jay.P.A said:

Did anyone see the Mikey Garcia fight against Vargas? He certainly went some way to redeeming himself after his poor showing against Spence.

There's talk of him fighting either Pac or Crawford, tbh, I would give him a much better chance with either than he had with Spence.

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 hours ago, Genie said:

If you call €25m for 1 fight pointless. He might not win, he might believe deep down he can't win, but its still worth turning up for.

I meant pointless in the result. Fury wins again easy.

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

You been waiting to unleash that gif 😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

What if he wins by points? 

10 round points win is still a easy win. Wilder will only win by a punchers chance. He has no chance otherwise.

Fury he is bigger faster boxes better and has incredible stamina for such a big man

19 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Did anyone see the Mikey Garcia fight against Vargas? He certainly went some way to redeeming himself after his poor showing against Spence.

There's talk of him fighting either Pac or Crawford, tbh, I would give him a much better chance with either than he had with Spence.

I did. Great performance by Garcia! 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

10 round points win is still a easy win. Wilder will only win by a punchers chance. He has no chance otherwise.

Fury he is bigger faster boxes better and has incredible stamina for such a big man

But as Wilder has such a hard punch, that punchers chance is still a strong chance. Yes Fury bullied him last fight but if Wilder lands one on Fury early it could all change. For Wilder it’s definitely worth the third fight 

I’d be shitting myself if I was Wilder, he was completely outclassed from the first bell. I expect Fury will go at him again from the start, Wilder knows he needs to go toe to toe with him to have any chance. It could be a very explosive, and short fight.

Joyce - Dubois. Whyte - Povetkin and Usyk - Chisora all on PPV within a month of each other. Fighters been paid astronomical purses. Licence fee from sky and bt can't cover it. Back in the day all 3 of those would of landed on regular sky. Whyte is surely been paid close or above a 7 figure sum. Never fought for a world title. Nuts.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Joyce - Dubois. Whyte - Povetkin and Usyk - Chisora all on PPV within a month of each other. Fighters been paid astronomical purses. Licence fee from sky and bt can't cover it. Back in the day all 3 of those would of landed on regular sky. Whyte is surely been paid close or above a 7 figure sum. Never fought for a world title. Nuts.

Why is Chisora involved? He's lost more times than Villa this season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Chisora has lost 9 times in 13 years, We have lost 17 times in 5 months

It's pretty close though :)

On 12/03/2020 at 08:10, rjw63 said:

Why is Chisora involved? He's lost more times than Villa this season.

He's being served up to Usyk. It's good matchmaking, Del Boy is tough as old boots, entertaining in and out of the ring, he's a good talker and won't fall over after two minutes.

Usyk will dismantle him, but that's the point.  

• Like 1

Sad day for boxing yesterday with the passing of Rodger Mayweather. He has to take most of the credit for making Floyd the boxer he was, I  remember the infamous video of Floyd Jr arguing with his father at the Mayweather gym and Jr was refusing to give his father any credit for his stellar career, saying it was all down to Rodger, which had some truth to it, but his father obviously played a large role in setting him on his path to boxing greatness. 

Rodger will go down as one of the very best trainers. He always talked some great sense about a sport that as had it's fair share of charlatans. I remember before the Jr and Hatton fight and Rodger was asked for his views on Hattons chances and in typical Rodger Mayweather style he said, " you can't win shit without a jab ". How true he was. That was the night Hatton learnt there are levels in boxing.

Rodger wasn't a bad fighter himself, easily the best out of the three brothers. He held the World title at featherweight in 1987 and was widely known as the black Mamba and would always enter the ring in a Mexican Sombrero. 

He was only 58 when he passed, but had the look of a man much older. I think it's fair to say that boxing has contributed to his early death. He had all the signs of the onset of early dementia.  He will be missed. RIP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â