The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here. But what do people think of the decision to allow professional boxers in the Olympics. Personally I can't see how it can be good. A professional fighting an amateur is **** dangerous and serious damage could be caused.! 

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here. But what do people think of the decision to allow professional boxers in the Olympics. Personally I can't see how it can be good. A professional fighting an amateur is **** dangerous and serious damage could be caused.! 

Its ridiculous. That is all.

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's a disgrace. The professional sanctioning bodies should ban anyone who participates and thankfully some are. Khan has talked about representing Pakistan and the WBC have pledged to ban him for 2 years if he does. 

Let's not also forget that head guards are not allowed any more in the amateurs so the danger is even more significant. Amateurs wear 16oz gloves (whereas pros were 8oz or 10oz depending on weight class) so that will take some of the sting away from the punches but lets be honest, a seasoned, world class, highly experience pro will destroy an amateur, the styles and scoring systems are different.

• Like 1

The only redeeming thing RE pros being allowed to fight at the Olympics is what Buncey said on 5Live "It is doubtful many will make the effort to make weight 6 days in a row" . Hopefully that holds true because otherwise people will be getting killed in the boxing ring which isn't really what anybody wants to see

Same old Enzo.  He's gonna end up getting seriously hurt if he continues.  Probably time to hang up the gloves take over his dad's gym full time. 

Martinez - Lomachenko 

Dr Lomachenko puts on an absolute clinic.  He hand speed, the footwork, the punching accuracy, it's a joy to behold.   Two weight world champion and he's had seven professional fights.   

Edited by The_Rev

• 2 weeks later...

So Joshua v Breazeale, Groves v Murray, Eubank Jnr v Doran tomorrow

Other than the Groves Murray fight which i think may be competitive, is this just another Eddie Hearn knock out a bum PPV spectacular?

I think it's going to be another case of how long will it be before Joshua knocks him out I'll be generous to Brezeale and give him 3 - 4 rounds he is an undefeated former olympian after all.

As for Doran i've never heard of him but i watched his last fight and he seems to have heart not that i think will be enough to take down Eubank Jnr who is talking about fighting Golovkin next hilarious

Edited by AshVilla

Â