The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

The greatest heavyweight in history :notworthy:

;)

raww2e.gif

aktvzp.gif

- Quality KO from Randall Bailey

- May Mosley face off

Pacquiao talking of retiring again, wonder if the Pactards will say he's ducking Floyd........

He's not even the greatest HW in his family :lol:

As for ATG status, probably in the mid-20's I'd have said. He's never even been undisputed champ, that says a lot.

Top 20 ATG is nothing to be sniffed at in all honesty.

Is it wrong to want to see Audley Harrison in a world title fight? :lol:

I didn't say it wasn't to be sniffed at....it's not bad considering his horrible losses and multiple canvas visits and he's adapted a style that suits him and his glass chin and is dominating the division, albeit the worst HW division in living memory.

It's the berks that try to say he'd beat up Tyson, Lewis etc that get my goat - there's even a thread tonight banging on about how he'd dominate Ali :crylaugh:

Then there are those who ask how someone can be getting knocked out at Flyweight , and then be able to take shots from the likes of Miguel Cotto at Welterweight.

How old are you out of interest?

Pacquiao was 17 when he got knocked out the first time. He beat Cotto when he was 30.

You don't think in 13 years he might have a) got better B) naturally bigger.

You telling me that if you lost a fight at 17 to a small guy, when you were 30 you couldn't then beat up a big guy?

Then there are those who ask how someone can be getting knocked out at Flyweight , and then be able to take shots from the likes of Miguel Cotto at Welterweight.

How old are you out of interest?

Pacquiao was 17 when he got knocked out the first time. He beat Cotto when he was 30.

You don't think in 13 years he might have a) got better B) naturally bigger.

You telling me that if you lost a fight at 17 to a small guy, when you were 30 you couldn't then beat up a big guy?

Sorry mate, but my age has absolutely nothing to do with Pac.

I think you are mistaking the comment you have quoted for my personal view. Trim asked what people think about Pac, and I tried to give him the reasons why some people think he is on something. Personally, the main reason I think he is on something because he turned down the fight against Floyd with so much on the table for him.

Obviously Pac has got bigger and better since he was 17, no one is denying that, but to go from being a good fighter to the P4P best is suspicious.

Until Pac just takes the necessary tests, I will always have my doubts about him.

Obviously Pac has got bigger and better since he was 17, no one is denying that, but to go from being a good fighter to the P4P best is suspicious.

He was beating Morales and Barrera at lower weights, that just qualifies him as 'good' ? High standards you have there....

He was fighting professional from a very young age, so obviously there was an element of learning on the job. He was just a left handed fighter when he started, a 1-2 merchant. He's clearly learned a lot from Roach and improved immensely.

He's been beating great fighters all his career, he didn't just become great himself in the last 18 months.

Friday:

Small VS. Webb - Brit and Commonwealth 154lb titles

M. Hatton vs G. Branco - European 147lb title

Sat

Koki Kameda Vs. Pongsaklek Wonjongkam (Yes, I went to Boxrec to check how to spell his name) WBC Flyweight title

Marcos Maidana VS. Victor Cayo - WBA 140lb Interim title

Joan Guzman VS. Ali Funeka IBF Lightweight title

Yuriorkis Gamboa VS. Johnathan Barrios - WBA Regular 126lb title with Juan Carlos Gomez on the undercard

Erik Morales returns against Alfaro with a light heavyweight title eliminator on the undercard

Dirrell VS. Abraham in the Super 6

Anselmo Moreno VS. Nehomar Cermeno - WBA Bantamweight title

Steve Molitor VS. Takalani Ndlovu - IBF Super Bantamweight title

This weekend = Major win

He was beating Morales and Barrera at lower weights, that just qualifies him as 'good' ? High standards you have there....

He was fighting professional from a very young age, so obviously there was an element of learning on the job. He was just a left handed fighter when he started, a 1-2 merchant. He's clearly learned a lot from Roach and improved immensely.

He's been beating great fighters all his career, he didn't just become great himself in the last 18 months.

Fair enough.

Can you explain why he wouldn't take a $25m test though? Because that's what makes me suspicious.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=26345

According to multiple reports in Venezuela, undefeated Edwin Valero was arrested for allegedly assaulting his wife. Valero's wife was taken to a hospital in Los Andes. The doctor's report listed several injuries, including a collapsed lung and multiple bruises. Several doctors spoke with the press and said Valero showed up to the emergency room in a very hostile mood and was threatening staff members.

This is not the first time Valero has been in trouble. Last year he was wanted by authorities in Venezuela after allegedly have a physical confrontation with his mother and sister. The charges were later dropped. He was arrested last year in Texas and was charged with driving under the influence, which is currently preventing him from entering the country.

Free Edwin 2K10

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=26345

According to multiple reports in Venezuela, undefeated Edwin Valero was arrested for allegedly assaulting his wife. Valero's wife was taken to a hospital in Los Andes. The doctor's report listed several injuries, including a collapsed lung and multiple bruises. Several doctors spoke with the press and said Valero showed up to the emergency room in a very hostile mood and was threatening staff members.

This is not the first time Valero has been in trouble. Last year he was wanted by authorities in Venezuela after allegedly have a physical confrontation with his mother and sister. The charges were later dropped. He was arrested last year in Texas and was charged with driving under the influence, which is currently preventing him from entering the country.

Free Edwin 2K10

Noooooooooooooooooo :cry:

How easy is it to get the big fights online?

Last weeks fight was very easy to find, took me about 2 minutes.

It wasn't a 'big' fight though, more like a homo slapping match between two timid gayboys. I suspect you'd struggle to find something like Mayweather/Pac for free.

How easy is it to get the big fights online?

Last weeks fight was very easy to find, took me about 2 minutes.

It wasn't a 'big' fight though, more like a homo slapping match between two timid gayboys. I suspect you'd struggle to find something like Mayweather/Pac for free.

I'd disagree with you on that. I think the bigger the fight, the easier to find tbh. As long as you are looking the right places.

Â