FAC: Blackburn h Match Thread 2010/01/02 15:00

limpid

Blackburn: Brown, Chimbonda, Givet, Salgado, Diouf, Jones, Olsson, Dunn, Reid, Kalanic, Di Santo.

I don't even know if that's full strength or not. :?

There's certainly alot of first time players in there. Wouldn't say full strength, but nearly.

Pleased with our team. Would probably have put Albrighton in for Downing, but think MONs got it about right.

After looking at their website it's actually nine changes from their last game, so we could definitely say it's under strength.

Thinking about it there's a few decent players they are missing. Robinson, Nelson, Samba, Emerton, Pederson, McCarthy and Roberts. Probably at about half strength. I would still say Givet, Chimbonda, Salgado, Diouf, Dunn, Reid and Di Santo are in first team consideration though.

Surprised Downing is ahead of Albrighton today

Me too, he did look knackered when he left the field against Liverpool. However it may be a case of giving him as many games as possible to get his fitness up.

Im pleased with the team, it looks like it should be good enough to beat a weakened Blackburn side....on paper at least.

Let's not forget that Downing is still gaining full match fitness. I think it's a fine line between knackering the poor sod out and getting him fully fit. But he gives us that bit extra quality, especially when the team has changed so much. I can see him coming off for Albrighton about the same time as the Pool game.

VILLA: Guzan; Beye, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock; Downing, Delph, Reo-Coker, A Young; Delfouneso, Heskey. Subs: Dunne, Friedel, Sidwell, Carew, Albrighton, Petrov, L Young.

VERY happy with that :thumb:

Hopefully Marc gets a decent run out too...

What are the odds on Delph getting booked? :lol:
Probably get sent off. :lol:

Isnt he a card away from a ban?

Allrighton should be playing in my opinion

bookings have been reset early this year, 5 bookings now just gets a warning. Not sure if that means its ten for a ban, probably take Delph another 5 games for that.

Interesting that Delph gets a run ahead of Sidwell. Change in the pecking order maybe?

Also surprised Milner's not even on the bench.

Milner like Gabby has pretty much gone a hell of a long time without a rest but was hoping Young would be "rested" and Allbrighton given a run.