FAC: Blackburn h Match Thread 2010/01/02 15:00

limpid

...Same for Jimmy.

I will be disappointed if he doesn't make big changes for this tie!

I`ll be dissapointed if he dosn`t pick our strongest side, This is a FA CUP match, the oldest and greatest competition in the world

i think that mon might be concentrating first and foremost on winning the game. if we lose it will be three defeats on the bounce and two at home - he will want to avoid that at all costs before it becomes a 'rut' and affects the morale of the squad.

i know many people are saying he should basically play a reserve team but dont be surprised if he puts out a pretty strong team with only a couple of changes. in his position i would start strong, go all out attack and then sub off the bigger players once we are in front, rather than starting with an understrength side and end up having to chase the game. in any case the only real disaster we can suffer from this game (other than injuries) is getting a replay.

...Same for Jimmy.

I`ll be dissapointed if he dosn`t pick our strongest side, This is a FA CUP match, the oldest and greatest competition in the world

I'm a bit in between.

I love the FA Cup and obviously want us to win it, but Blackburn will be making alot of changes. If we make 5 or 6 then we're still changing half the team, but should still be more than strong enough to get through. Winning is most important, but resting players is also big for us given how many games we're going to be playing.

Guzan; Beye, Collins, Clark, Warnock; Albrighton, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Delph, Young; Delfouneso. Though I'd probably drop Sidwell for Heskey if he's fit, not sure I fancy Fonz leading the line on his own. I suspect Clark won't play either and MON will go with Dunne/Cuellar partnering Collins.

The best thing about our squad at the moment is that we can afford to rest some regular starters and still have a very good team to put out. Guzan, Beye, Collins, NRC, Sidwell and Delph can be played and we'll still have a side better than Blackburn's. Admittedly we lost to them with the first team and players don't necessarily click straight away but you'd have to be confident nonetheless.

I think this will be a dull match however I think we'll win as our second string should be better than theirs. I wouldnt be surprised if Cuellar, Collins, NRC, Sidwell, Delph, Young and Heskey played in this game.

...Same for Jimmy.

Its crap. Carlin Cup is our best chance, why **** that up for this pathetic match? Im heading down now but the result doesn't matter.

VILLA: Guzan; Beye, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock; Downing, Delph, Reo-Coker, A Young; Delfouneso, Heskey. Subs: Dunne, Friedel, Sidwell, Carew, Albrighton, Petrov, L Young.

Blackburn: Brown, Chimbonda, Givet, Salgado, Diouf, Jones, Olsson, Dunn, Reid, Kalanic, Di Santo.

I don't even know if that's full strength or not. :?

There's certainly alot of first time players in there. Wouldn't say full strength, but nearly.

Pleased with our team. Would probably have put Albrighton in for Downing, but think MONs got it about right.

Blackburn: Brown, Chimbonda, Givet, Salgado, Diouf, Jones, Olsson, Dunn, Reid, Kalanic, Di Santo.

I don't even know if that's full strength or not. :?

There's certainly alot of first time players in there. Wouldn't say full strength, but nearly.

Pleased with our team. Would probably have put Albrighton in for Downing, but think MONs got it about right.

After looking at their website it's actually nine changes from their last game, so we could definitely say it's under strength.