FAC: Blackburn h Match Thread 2010/01/02 15:00

limpid

Anyone got any idea what sort of side they'll put out?

They've talked about resting a few and I'm not sure where they are with injuries and suspensions.

According to their site, Jason Brown, Phil Jones, Martin Olsson, Elrio van Heerden and Maceo Rigters could all start.

Could be a very odd game.

4-5-1 for me.

Guzan

Beye

Collins

Cuellar

Warnock

Albrighton

Sidwell

NRC

Delph

Young

Delfouneso

Something like this for me too.

Only thing id worry about here is Delf on his own as a central striker, if we cant get support to him or just dump it up top, he wont get a sniff, but i would prob go with this or just swap Delf with Carew/Heskey and bring Delf on after 60 mins when game is won ;)

Gabby shouldnt even be on the bench.. give him a few days off.. kid is already burning out.. hes 23 and played over 160 games..

No wonder he only turns up half the season.

Considering the likes of Gardner, Sidwell and NRC have all been subject of recent transfer speculation - it'll be interesting to see who plays today...

Would love to win this game but would rather win the LC semi final to reach Wembley...

I guess it might be M10, I'm just wondering whether Warnock is one of those that might be due a rest, especially after his whiplash against Man U, that said he wasn't with us for the start of the season and maybe hasn't played as many games as the others so you could be right.

Left back is the one position where cover is a bit questionable. Shorey is as good as gone, Luke Young is primarily a right back and I don't think Bouma is coming back, I wonder if there might be an opportunity for Lowry this season, but I'm not sure that's the answer.