FAC: Blackburn h Match Thread 2010/01/02 15:00

limpid

------------------Guzan-------------------

---Beye---Collins---Davies/Clark---Lowry

-----------------Reo-Coker---------------

---Albrighton---Sidwell---Delph---A.Young

-------------------Fonz-------------------

Would agree with that or Heskey in for Sidwell/NRC.

MON"]He added: "We will make some changes in the team for Saturday because we are so close in the Carling Cup. Blackburn might do the same.

"I love the FA Cup and I think it's a great, great competition. We will try and get through the tie.

"There is a great determination among the players who haven't been playing. We want them to use that determination and that eagerness to play on Saturday.

"One or two of the lads who have played a lot of games might miss out to be ready for Tuesday."

It's not unequivocal, but it's certainly a suggestion that it'll be a weakened team.

especially noting MoN's use of the words "one or two" given his prediliction for understatement.

Guzan

Beye         Collins    Herd         Bouma

NRC

Sidwell                Delph     

Albrighton

Young   

Delfouneso

Young, Delph and Sidwell told to shoot on sight.

Is Bouma fit?

Herd at CB?

He largely plays in midfield but can play at right back, I think he might still be on loan, are you thinking of Clarke?

Actually yeah was it Clarke who came in against Fulham and did superbly to get a clean sheet?

I would use this game alright to rest up a few. Beye, guzan, sidwell, reo, collins, delph and alrighton ( not a bad list) should all get a run out here. Even Ashley after his suspension shud be in with a shout. Blackburn wont play there strongest side as they will concentrate on the league cup and relagation from here on.

While it would not be the worst to lose this and then concentrate 100% on the other 2 competition it would be nice to win it and an easy 4th round draw and momentum starts to kick in. Also allow a bit of game time for the likes of delph and albrighton.

Give me 6pts in the next 2 leagues over a win here though !

Guzan

Beye Collins Clarke Bouma(if fit?)

Albrighton Reo-Coker Delph Downing

Carew Delfonz

This team should be good enough to see off a weakened Blackburn side and also give MON the opportunity to see whether Albrighton and Delfonz are going to be good enough to allow him to rest a few from the first team from time to time?

I seriously doubt Lowry would be playing in this one. Methinks he will be back at Plymouth or elsewhere pretty much as soon as the transfer window opens.

Is he back from Dubai yet, or still out there with Australia?

Match is on 6 Jan - so I would suggest he'll be in Dubai until then unless he has to return to sign any paperwork or anything.