FAC: Blackburn h Match Thread 2010/01/02 15:00

limpid

I'd give squad players a chance for this game but good squad players.

Guzan

Beye--Collins--Cuellar--Lowry

Albrighton--NRC--Sidwell--Young

Delfouneso--Carew

Rest Friedel, Dunne, Luke Young, Petrov, Milner, Warnock and Agbonlahor for this game!

If we beat Blackburn in the league cup semi's then I'll be happy even if we get knocked out by Blackburn in the 3rd round.

I'm not even sure if Big Sam will take this game seriously either

I'd just rest all the first team players. The priority should be the LC and the PL in my opinion...

I'd perhaps go with something along the lines of what carew_villa has said. Or something even more drastic like:

Guzan

Beye

Collins

Clark

Lowry

Albrighton

Delph

Sidwell

NRC

Delf

Carew

It's almost the same as the one above, with a couple of changes. I'd make Delph, Sidwell or NRC play on the wing. Give Young an extended rest and the other players a rest. The bigger game is the LC semi and if we throw it away to get a round further in the FA Cup then I won't be happy.

The worst thing would be if we get a replay in the FA Cup. Although if we do put all reserves (backup players) in and get a replay then it could be a good thing for those players. It would give them more playing time and a chance to prove themselves. To be honest though, the team above could well give Blackburn a good game...

I think Marlon's loan may have ended in time for the game so I think so yes. On second thoughts, if Marlon comes back I'd play....

Guzan

Beye-Collins-Clark-Lowry

Albrighton-NRC-Delph-Young/Downing

Delfouneso-Harewood

If not swap Carew for Harewood

I think with a weakened side and after the last two results I think we need to solidify as a unit. I would go 451.

Guzan

Beye Cueller Collins Warnock

Albrighton Sidwell NRC Gardner Delph

Delfounso

Subs Friedal, Young, Clark, Milner, Downing, Carew, Harewood.

Agree with resting most of them, should imagine Blackburn will play a 2nd string too, Guzan, Beye, Collins, Clark, Warnock, Albrighton, Sidwell, Reo-Coker, Delph, Carew, Delfouneso, its still a decent team

4-5-1 for me.

Guzan

Beye

Collins

Cuellar

Warnock

Albrighton

Sidwell

NRC

Delph

Young

Delfouneso

I'd go with that team (apart from Warnock) but lined up like:

Guzan

Beye         Collins    Herd         Bouma

NRC

Sidwell                Delph     

Albrighton

Young   

Delfouneso

Young, Delph and Sidwell told to shoot on sight.

Is Bouma fit?

I want a win after two losses.

------------------ Guzan ------------------

Beye --- Collins --- Cuellar --- Warnock

Ash ----- NRC ----- Milner ----- Downing

----------------- Delph --------------------

----------------- Gabby -------------------

What a great idea, let's get the players even more tired when we have an important LC semi three days later. Some people need to get a grip...

MON has said that he'll be changing it round for this game and resting as many as possible for the league cup, he thinks Blackburn will probably do the same.

I reckon Guzan in goal with Beye at right back, Collins should play at centre half and I think he'll stick with Dunne next to him unless Davies makes a surprise appearance. At left back, I think Warnock will get a rest and I think Luke Young will be moved over as he's not had as much football as the other having missed the start of the season.

In midfield, I think Albrighton will get a start, with Reo Coker and Sidwell in the middle and Delph on the left hand side, although I wouldn't be too surprised to see Gardner get in, or even Ashley Young having missed the last game.

Up front I think Delfouneso will start and just about anyone could play next to him. If Heskey is going to be fit for the semi final then I think Carew will play, if not then I think Carew will be rested and we'll see one from Harewood, Weimann or Agbonlahor. I've a feeling O'Neill won't want Harewood cup tied so I reckon Agbonlahor if Heskey is going to be out for a while.

So:

-------------------Guzan--------------------

Beye------Collins-------Dunne------Young

Albrighton---Reo Coker---Sidwell---Delph

---------Delfouneso-----Carew------------

The team i would play is;

guzan

beye collins clarke lowry

albrighton nrc bannon downing

fonz carew

This side i think could beat Blackburn and also give other people a rest ( I have put bannon in because i would recall him from Blackpool)

MON"]He added: "We will make some changes in the team for Saturday because we are so close in the Carling Cup. Blackburn might do the same.

"I love the FA Cup and I think it's a great, great competition. We will try and get through the tie.

"There is a great determination among the players who haven't been playing. We want them to use that determination and that eagerness to play on Saturday.

"One or two of the lads who have played a lot of games might miss out to be ready for Tuesday."

It's not unequivocal, but it's certainly a suggestion that it'll be a weakened team.

Guzan

Beye Collins Herd Bouma

NRC
Sidwell Delph
Albrighton
Young
Delfouneso[/code]

Young, Delph and Sidwell told to shoot on sight.

Is Bouma fit?

Herd at CB?

He largely plays in midfield but can play at right back, I think he might still be on loan, are you thinking of Clarke?