• Dunne
    • L Young
    • Friedel
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Reo-Coker 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 79)

poor again ..have we actually played well this season ? or do we just try and grind out results ??

Jan Window opens soon , lets hope Martin was kidding about no new signings or this will be a long second half of the season again

fail to see the point of having the quickest player in the prem and hoofing balls in the air too him .but . i know conditions weren't great tonight lets try and get the ball down

MOM ..Luke Young maybe tbh it was very average all round

I hate to say it, but that was all so predictable. Doesn't ease the sting though. Sickening result.

So that's 2 consecutive games against our rivals without a goal scored.

And MON says we're not in the market?

WE NEED A STRIKER

Otherwise, this thing will get away from us as fast as it did last year.

Brutal night.

A pail for vomitus, please doc.

when youve got players who dont look comfortable on the ball and play for 90 mins with an attack which consists of agbonlahor or carew aimlessly heading the ball up in the air on the halfway line to a liverpool midfeilder your always going to struggle.

Our inability to keep possession of the ball and giving it away cheaply has cost us again

well that should deflate the giddy thoughts of a few of us. two complete capitulatingly shit performances on the trot once we'd elevated ourselves into a briefly threatening position.

**** luck, we were shit. at least we should buy some **** in January now.

I don't know what game some people were watching, I really don't....'dominated the game'? 'played well'?? We couldn't control the play at all, we just watched Liverpool walk towards out goal for 90 minutes, other than a couple of 5 minute spells.
This, nice to see someone else who hasnt got claret tinted glasses on. Like just said we had 2 5 minute spells, other than that they controlled the game

what the **** deflection wich looped the ball over cuellars head?

Wouldnt have been in that position if it wasnt that pathetic effort from Warnock.

The pathetic effort that Dunne would of got to if he hadn't slipped? They got a lucky break!

We had chances, Gabby was in exactly the same situation as Torres, Carew free header from 6 yards out, Downing should of scored. We need to take these chances. Im not all doom and gloom, its 2 games, time to ut it right now.

We need a proven premiership goal scorer or proven european striker and a creative midfielder in January,

Yeah right. I can't wait for the January sales, MON first in the queue, dream on.

Fact is, he bought that midfield that was on display tonight. I don't think there's much else to say.

FFS we were shit. Poor performance against arsenal, now this. We are a hit and hoof team and don't deserve 4th spot with performances like this.

This was a SIGNIFICANT improvement on the Arsenal performance.

In horrendous conditions, there was no shortage of skill, passion and desire to win. MON got the tactics spot on and made, I believe, the correct substitutions. He went to win the match and for the last 20 mins we had Liverpool petrified.

Spot on. It's not hard to not be better than the Arsenal game (that match lacked the endeavor we expect of this side), but we weren't bad in this game. We weren't fantastic either, but it was good enough and we deserved something. The difference between us and them was 1 class strike from a world class player, born of a lucky break. Speaks volumes.

I liked the subs as well, I could see that O'Neill wanted to turn the screw and play more attacking wise to pressure a Liverpool side starting to build in dominance, Albrighton gave them more to worry about. He didn't set the earth of fire but we definitely grew in stature after.

Onwards and upwards.

what the **** deflection wich looped the ball over cuellars head?

Wouldnt have been in that position if it wasnt that pathetic effort from Warnock.

The pathetic effort that Dunne would of got to if he hadn't slipped? They got a lucky break!

We had chances, Gabby was in exactly the same situation as Torres, Carew free header from 6 yards out, Downing should of scored. We need to take these chances. Im not all doom and gloom, its 2 games, time to ut it right now.

Alright then, Warnock did nothing wrong. Let's just bemoan our luck instead of trying to actually improve. We wont get top 4 again this season but no worries, it's just "bad luck"

absolutly devastated.... texts comin tru form pool fans how they deserved it.... **** me, if i was in a boozer right now i'd be in a fight..., this is the lowest ive been since stoke at home last yr......

SUICIDAL.....

i feel for o'neill cos u can see how much he wants it too.... its tiimes like this when he mite think 'is this as far as i can take them.....

**** **** **** fiuck them poxy scousers....

torres does nothin all game, just standng there and ball fall at his feet in space, absolutely shattered, that although is the difference between gabby - a good honest solid striker, and torres - world class all in taking your chances

The difference between Gabby and Torres is that Torres can afford to saunter around the pitch waiting for his midfield to set him lose where as Gabby has to play half the time as the midfield, that's the difference.

The problem for Gabby tonight is that he's far to involved outside the box with his back to goal acting as a receiver, holding the ball up and trying to play other players in, rather than doing what he should do first and foremost....concentrate on scoring.

I don't know what game some people were watching, I really don't....'dominated the game'? 'played well'?? We couldn't control the play at all, we just watched Liverpool walk towards out goal for 90 minutes, other than a couple of 5 minute spells.
This, nice to see someone else who hasnt got claret tinted glasses on. Like just said we had 2 5 minute spells, other than that they controlled the game

if they controlled the game then they didnt do a fat lot with it did they? friedel hardly had a save to make, especially in the second half.

How exactly does controlling a game and having no chances win you a match?! It doesn't! That is exactly what Liverpool did, yet they got one jammy chance and scored it.

We may not have played well but the lads gave it their all. Plus we created the most (and by far better) chances. If only we could have finished them....