• Dunne
    • L Young
    • Friedel
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Reo-Coker 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 79)

was anyone in the Lower Doug Ellis right by the holte end after their goal? I think something kicked off down there below us after the goal.

there was a few "get the F**k out" and "shut your F**cking mouths" then a few villains ran underneath where we were sitting. Stewards couldn't get up through the crowd.

:s

I agree - good to see subs just wrong ones IMO. Stan, who is not the fittest anyway, plays two full games in three days???

Do you think MON and the coaches paid a fortune and with years and years of experience working with football players are stupid?

Do you think if Petrov truly was as unfit as you claim that the manager and the professionals working at the club wouldn't notice?

Do you not think players have their fitness monitored throughout the season? Do you not think that at bodymoor heath they have technology to know the exact fitness levels of every player?

Do you think everyone should have the same opinion as MON?

I think it's pretty stupid for someone to assume their opinion is right and MON's is wrong. Especially on a subject such as a players fitness when MON has plenty of staff and technology at his disposal to determine such things.

Big John I think if anyone cannot see that Petrov tires then they are not watching the game properly. I think MON must see it, he is an intelligent man, but I think it is his way that the club captain must see out the 90 minutes with the exception of injury. Unfortunately Stan is our captain as opposed to say NRC or Dunne. That lets Stan down. I think MON probably sees it as a weakness to withdraw his captain, in a 1970s sort of way, even if was to benefit the team. The only time I remember him withdrawing Stan was against Newcastle 2 years ago when we were losing 1-0 at half time and that day and for some time Stan had been utterly shite...so his hand was forced and we won the game 4-1.

know what you mean,dunne is more suited to captain so stan gets the hook,i guess its why mon stuck millner in the middle from the wing to replace nrc,stans lacks imagination in the final third,yes hes a super passer of the ball but sideways only, how many shots did nrc+millner+petrov crack last night? no more than gerrard.

Liverpool certainly dominated possession but it's not as if Friedel was needed on too many occasions. We had the three best chances of the game (Downing volley, Gabby one-on-one, Carew header); they created next to nothing, then got a lucky break. Not much we could do about it.

That said, our CM was poor until Milner moved inside, Petrov and NRC barely seemed to get out of our half. This happened so many times: full-back plays the ball up to a winger, winger hits it towards Gabby or John, they hold the ball up for a couple of seconds, but there's no support from the centre midfield, so we lose the ball.

I deleted the last of this quote becuase I didn't agree with his proposed solution, but I thought this was a very good analysis of what happened in the match.

I agree - good to see subs just wrong ones IMO. Stan, who is not the fittest anyway, plays two full games in three days???

Do you think MON and the coaches paid a fortune and with years and years of experience working with football players are stupid?

Do you think if Petrov truly was as unfit as you claim that the manager and the professionals working at the club wouldn't notice?

Do you not think players have their fitness monitored throughout the season? Do you not think that at bodymoor heath they have technology to know the exact fitness levels of every player?

I think it's pretty stupid for someone to assume their opinion is right and MON's is wrong. Especially on a subject such as a players fitness when MON has plenty of staff and technology at his disposal to determine such things.

Your the one narrowing it down to just right or wrong by asking stupid questions.

Its peoples opinion's its what they think right or wrong, if we all just bow down and agreed with what MON does (like some do) we might as well shut the forum down!

Yeah, Petrov was looking a bit tired towards the end but I think he was justt doing enough... but I don't agree Coker should of been taken off... however, the introduction of Albrighton was great and really lifted the team I thought - good decision by MON bringing him on.

Just on a sidenote... I can't really remember that well as it was sung at the start of the match but what was the exact lyrics when we sung something like "100 years won **** all 100 years won **** all we all hate blue scum we all hate blue scum". That's all I can really remember but could tell me the exact lyrics that we sung?

Just on a sidenote... I can't really remember that well as it was sung at the start of the match but what was the exact lyrics when we sung something like "100 years won **** all 100 years won **** all we all hate blue scum we all hate blue scum". That's all I can really remember but could tell me the exact lyrics that we sung?

You've pretty much nailed the lyrics mate! :lol:

Reo-Coker played well and no clue why he went off, Why not Petrov for once?

To offer more attacking wise. We improved with his leaving the pitch and Albrighton coming on.

Yes I agree with the subsitution, I wanted Albrighton to the start, but the man coming off was the better and physically fitter than the man staying on IMO.

Yeah it's "100 Years, won **** all, 100 years, we've **** all, we all hate blues scum, we all hate blues scum, we all hate blues scum. Lovely.

I didn't realise we were playing Birmingham last night?. How peculiar.

I thought NRC has a strong game but i think his work was done around the time he came off. He doens't offer much in the final third of the pitch and MON was going for the win. With some better finishing we could have grabbed a goal after he went off

I am still trying to work out.............we have the fastest player in the Premiership, who eats fullbacks for breakfast, yet plays on the left side of the front two, and he is Right footed. Liverpool a prime example.

He streaks past defenders like they just aren't there, then puts a weak left footed shot across the face of the goal, or down the 'keepers throat, and they collect them like "bread & butter" stuff.

Big John holds up the ball, and lays it off, so he (Big John) could easily stay left side - giving Gabby the right side run, and the chance to power in a Right footed shot.

Or am I missing something here :P

Oh, and Reo-Coker........ftw :)

Your the one narrowing it down to just right or wrong by asking stupid questions.

Its peoples opinion's its what they think right or wrong, if we all just bow down and agreed with what MON does (like some do) we might as well shut the forum down!

There are plenty of things people can have different opinions to and i don't think everyone should agree with MON all the time. However when it comes to something like a players fitness i don't see how anyone can think they know better, MON works with the players every day and as the general said they have state of the art technology now to monitor exactly what players are doing each match and i'm confident the men paid lots of money to be fitness coaches at a premiership club now more about the players fitness levels than someone with a season ticket.

Have your opinion, that's all well and good but if you truly believe that yours is right and MON's is wrong when he has all the advantages i've pointed out to help form his then i think that's being a bit stupid.