PL: Liverpool h Match Thread 2009/12/29 19:45

limpid

Be tempted to go 4-5-1 in this one.

Don't think Heskey is 100% and just don't like Carew in the team at the moment, rather he be an impact sub if we need a goal.

Perhaps...

Usual back 4.

------Petrov------

---Coker--Delph-

Milner--------Downing

--------Gabby---------

and let's really get stuck into them, confidence isn't high, let's match them in the middle and get stuck into them early, don't let them settle.

Quite hard to pick a team for this one Asher Young is suspended and Cuellar and Petrov are on 4 Yellow's If they both play and Get yellows they'll miss the Fa cup 3rd round vs Blackburn wich would be ideal But still got Collins and reo-coker to come in.

This is a massive test and will be a very hard fought game. I'd go as far as saying this is one of MONs biggest games as manager, if he can pull a victory off against a quality team (forget their recent form) like Liverpool off the back of our biggest pasting of the season he is surely going to take us places.

Selection will be interesting.

I see no reason to change this bit:

----------------------Friedel-----------------------

Young-------Cuellar---------Dunne-----Warnock

but Ashley Young suspension puts us in an unusual position.

I think Petrov, Gabby and Milner will definitely start, so that's three spots left. Downing hasn't been back to full fitness for two long so I'm not sure if he's quite so cut and dried.

So, pick three from the following:

Heskey, Carew, Downing, Sidwell, Reo Coker, Delph, Gardner, Albrighton, Delfouneso.

Personally, I think we'll see:

Milner-------Petrov------Delph-------Downing

-------------Heskey-----Agbonlahor----------

but frankly, it could be anything.

A lot of things against us here, they get an extra days rest, are more experienced in pressure games than us and our record against them at VP in the last decade or so is absolutely dismal.

Hopefully we can exploit them on set pieces and their general shitness this season. Lose and I'll fear for our belief a bit despite still being above them in the table.

Biggest game of the season so far without doubt. If we beat them we'll open up an 8 point gap and their confidence will be shot to shit because they know full well we are their main rivals for that last CL spot. If we lose I can wouldn't be surprised if we go through January of poor results, just hope that doesn't have an impact on our Carling Cup chances.