• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 63)
    • Delph (for L Young 76)

Not too worried, actually. A loss away at Arsenal is no shame. Fabregas was just too good for us today. We were poor, but 3-0 flattered them.

I'm more worried about how we respond against Liverpool than that loss. Disappointed Ash will miss that game, all for another stupid dive.

The only players to come out of that game with any credit for me were Dunne, Friedel and Warnock. Defensively we played very well until they scored. The midfield and forwards didn't do enough in my opinion throughout the entire match.

In my opinion the big difference in the game was Fabregas and the ref. The ref should have sent Song off in the first half. Plus it wasn't a free-kick for their goal. True, Arsenal played rather well. Plus the goals they scored were executed very well.

However, between the ref and a few silly mistakes, they were gifted the win. Poor result and I don't think we deserved to lose 3-0.

Anyway, beating Liverpool is a must now.

We lost to a team who could quite easily go on and win the league. I'd say they're probably the best team we've played this season.

They also have a player who is genuinely world class and he was the difference today.

We need to put this behind us and beat Liverpool. I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy with three points from these two games.

I don't mind us losing a game like this.

It was a free kick. Can't blame to ref for a lot of that.

Delph was lost. Fabregas was excellent. In our head, we were up against it when he came on. Then Diaby's goal was an Arsenal goal that we handed to them.

I think we've a great chance of beating Liverpool

yup, we just have to take that one graciuosly on the chin i think and say we were second best. a reality check for the team and possibly a timely kick up the @rsenal.

for all milner has been great lately he was off it today, and petrov made more contact with players than ball over the 90 minutes.

downing has been a great addition for the team overall but i see a worrying habit developing already of him being a bit lightweight and not getting stuck in when we need XI men fighting.

they (the team) have worked hard and given us some great results lately, we cant expect them to win every game and i will accept a defeat there if we can get three points on tuesday.

TBH i thought Fabregas was F***k*n Brilliant

Made all the difference, we couldn't stop him

Up until he came on ,I thought we were doing OK

Please,Please can we sign a mid-fielder like him in Jan

p.s the ref was a Cnut

Fabregas was class.

We had an off day.

We will bounce back, and hopefully beat Liverpool.

I've seen enough of Villa this season to know that we'll be around the top4 come the end of the season.

onwards & upwards...

This is exactly my thoughts.

Well said.

We are Aston Villa and are a work in progress and I thought 1st half we put up a good fight.

The only thing the Ref got wrong for me, was he should of sent Song off late on for the double foul on Downing, but by then it was 2-0 and we'd lost.

I disagree, he should have been sent off much earlier (in the first half to be exact). The studs up tackle he did, plus when he pulled someone down (I think it was Heskey). Two blatant fouls and he wasn't booked for either, when he should have been booked for both. Plus he had a couple of other bad tackles in the first half.

I just don't understand how he got away with them all...

Disgusting performance. They clearly rolled over and a few looked as if they had been the on Christmas sherry.

Thats mostly Bullshit... We played a similar game to them with regards to countering but individually we were nowhere near their level.

Milner as usual was all over the pitch and playing his heart out...it seemed to me when it came to our final 3rd our players just didnt have that special something they did.

Hopefully it'll just make them angry and go for LOLerpool. Everyone thinks the wheels are about to fall off so we need to prove them wrong.

Overall i dont think a 3-0 was a fair representation... we were better than that especially 1st half.

Beaten by a better team... DONE.

On a side note Delph looks exciting, he's really up for it.

The only thing the Ref got wrong for me, was he should of sent Song off late on for the double foul on Downing, but by then it was 2-0 and we'd lost.

That's bollocks, persistant fouling! He actually never got booked for any fouls! His booking was for a dive! But then he books Delph for swearing to show authority! Denilson fouled Petrov twice when we were breaking!