• Nigella Lawson
    • Ainsley Harriott
    • James Martin
    • Anthony Worrall-Thompson
    • Nigel Slater
    • Mrs Beaton
    • Ken Hom

Guest Ricardomeister

Anybody but Ramsay due to his continual insistence on having foie gras on the menu at his restaurants plus the fact that he has to continually swear to hide the fact that he is not as good a chef as people make out. My vote would go to James Tanner who seems to win every time on Ready Steady Cook and he does good tasty food not fancy rubbish in tiny portions, and he is one who actually is a bit inventive with vegetarian food.

Jamie Oliver gets my vote. He's a self righteous clart, but his food is cookable and usually very good.

I enjoy Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, but it's not really a cooking program. I would much rather eat at a Ramsay restaurant than one of Jamie Oliver's though.

Another vote for Blumenthal, he's simply amazing. Self taught as well. When he was doing that series of shows about feats through the ages, his erupting chocolate dessert was a thing of beauty.

On a slightly more mundane level, I really like that Bluenose (sorry) Glyn Purnell when he's been on Great British Menu. I made one of his curried fish dishes and it was culinary perfection.

Another vote for Blumenthal, he's simply amazing. Self taught as well. When he was doing that series of shows about feats through the ages, his erupting chocolate dessert was a thing of beauty.

On a slightly more mundane level, I really like that Bluenose (sorry) Glyn Purnell when he's been on Great British Menu. I made one of his curried fish dishes and it was culinary perfection.

Heston Blumenthal isn't self taught, he worked at Raymond Blancs place with MPW back in the 80's. I do like the guy though, he had the piss taken out of him royally by Amstell when he was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks so he's alright by me.

Some love needs to be given to Anthony Bourdain too, his comments about Gwyneth Paltrow are legendary...she made some programme with a chef (might have been Mario Batali) about the culinary delights of Spain, and Bourdain was quoted as saying “Why would you go to Spain with the one bitch who refuses to eat ham?" :D

My vote would go to MPW too, a bit of a rocket polisher yeah but aren't all the others?

I saw Ramsay on Jonathan Ross a few weeks back and he was banging on about having Xmas dinner with the Beckhams....for that alone he must die. It was also most amusing when Alex Riley made him look like the lying hypocrite that he is a few weeks back too, fancy serving boiled shit in a bag eh :)

You're forgetting the originals - Johnnie and Fanny Craddock.

On live TV Johnnie said: "Goodnight and I hope your donuts turn out like Fannies"

Did Hugh Fernal Whitinstalk really cook and eat his mates wifes placenta?

Â