Scientific Experiment V2 #6 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes he's still the MON
    • No - we need something new

These threads make me feel alot of Villa fans are nowt but small time. Everything thats posted seems to be about scoring points.

including this? point scoring over the point scorers anyone?

No. Monthly polls about whether the manager should be sacked are ridiculous. I wonder if the team has a slump the polls will continue?. Petty.

Our first poll was done while some posters were still bringing out the "3 wins in 11" shite, or whatever the stat was. So yes, it was still being done while we were in a slump.

These threads make me feel alot of Villa fans are nowt but small time. Everything thats posted seems to be about scoring points.
including this? point scoring over the point scorers anyone?
No. Monthly polls about whether the manager should be sacked are ridiculous. I wonder if the team has a slump the polls will continue?. Petty.
Our first poll was done while some posters were still bringing out the "3 wins in 11" shite, or whatever the stat was. So yes, it was still being done while we were in a slump.
In fact I almost thought of skipping this poll because I felt that a high 90s rating was a foregone conclusion but decided in the end it would be a useful comparison point as the next poll would be in the final week of the transfer window. Also one of the polls was started by Paddy because he thought I had given up the ghost.

No the threads are created to cause arguments and point scoring. At any other club in the land even shah there wouldnt be threads like this.

Some people can start arguments in an empty room without the help of a monthly poll.

Yes, I am currently satisfied with MON, although I do think we are punching above our weight right now with our league position. At the same time, I do expect us to finish either fifth or sixth. Anything less would not be good enough in my opinion.

I stand by what I have said all along. I think MON has done wonders for us and I am 100% behind him. However, I am not sure if he can take us any further. I hope he can (and that he does). Thus far he has done very well though and the squad seems to be getting stronger each season. Only time will tell....

I thought heyesterday's game showed up his main weakness again - an inability to flex the side for game situations.

We have played Plop and Arsenal (Big 4 sides that play 4-5-1/4-3-3) four times away in the last couple of seasons and got murdered in the two where we played 4-4-2 and won the two comfortably where we match up to their formation. Not hard to understand IMO.

I voted yes and i'll happily stick with it, we won 4/6 this month which is good. We lost to Arsenal away one of the toughest fixtures in the league and i dont know how you can blame MON for our loss to liverpool our defender slips when he has an easy clearence and then our player tackles the ball into Torres path

I thought heyesterday's game showed up his main weakness again - an inability to flex the side for game situations.

We have played Plop and Arsenal (Big 4 sides that play 4-5-1/4-3-3) four times away in the last couple of seasons and got murdered in the two where we played 4-4-2 and won the two comfortably where we match up to their formation. Not hard to understand IMO.

So from now on MON should look at results 2 years ago and play the exact formation if we won the game regardless of new players he has purchased or new players the opposition have purchased, yes i'm sure that will work all the time for us.

Or are you just picking out 2 games out of 2 seasons worth of football to support your view?

So from now on MON should look at results 2 years ago and play the exact formation if we won the game regardless of new players he has purchased or new players the opposition have purchased, yes i'm sure that will work all the time for us.

Or are you just picking out 2 games out of 2 seasons worth of football to support your view?

Sorry, you must be right. That Plop game away in September was two years ago and the Arsenal game that was last December I think was also two years ago.

I like what MON is doing at Villa. I love the fact he is buying talented British players rather than buy foreigners which many managers do.

Yesterdays game was unfortunate and if anything showed that Villa just lack a Fernando Torres. Many teams do.

Hey you resurrected the experiment I started and forgot all about. Good work! :)

Who are you?

Stealing an idea from the long lost and dearly lamented IainG (even if he couldn't spell his own name)

I like what MON is doing at Villa. I love the fact he is buying talented British players rather than buy foreigners which many managers do.

Yesterdays game was unfortunate and if anything showed that Villa just lack a Fernando Torres. Many teams do.

They may be talented when they arrive, but that soons gets coached out of them. Looks like it's happened to Downing already.

They may be talented when they arrive, but that soons gets coached out of them. Looks like it's happened to Downing already.

:lol::lol:

Yes it clearly that.

I must have dreamed

Davies being picked for the england squad

Ashley young winning young player of the year.

Gabby being picked to play for england

Milner being picked for england and gaining rave reviews in the media and pretty much booking his ticket for south africa.

Oh and the team actually doing well.

Or maybe he just wasn't all that? Or still injured/not fit (though you'd think he would be by now)?

Â