• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 23)

A bit OTT Straker, although I agree with some of your sentiment. I do also think we could have quite easily ended up with a draw or, in a worst case, a loss against Stoke.

We had candidates for MOTM but they all, IMO, came from the back 4 - Cuellar, Dunne and Young. This tells you a lot about the game and is really quite disappointing when you consider the quality of the opposition and the fact that we were at home.

I am a bit fed up with the tired comments and the three games in a week argument when we do have a squad and yet we seem not to want to use it even to make substitutions. I do think that NRC should have played against Stoke. Like Wigan, Blackburn and Burnley they are a strong, aggressive and fairly direct side that are not renowned for their footballing capabilities in CM and I do think we struggle against such teams and that MON hasn't really worked out a plan B to knock them off their stride. In this respect I think we are not disimilar to Arsenal.

I like that we can play scruffily and win, I just think we would do it better with a bit more aggression/athleticsm in midfield to match these teams and this means NRC for me from our squad. Even if it is the last half hour or so when everyone, and particularly Stan after three games in a week, is tiring.

No other team including Chelsea and Utd won 3 in a week but yet we have whingers who think they know better than the manager! Add to the fact Stoke had a full week to prepare against us! Travelling to Manchester and then Sunderland! I think all those who expected us to play like Brazil against Stoke are nuts! 3 points is all that mattered and that's what we got, as for the performance i've seen worse! As for NRC he'll get his chance and he has to take it!

A completely shite performance and we were very lucky to get the three points. Decided not to vote on who was man of the match as it would be an insult to genuine followers of football!

However we keep picking up the points, but sooner or later, our poor performances will come back to haunt us. Can do a lot better than this and the player's pay should be given to charity, as they should be ashamed to collect after a performance like that!

Are you on drugs? not a brill game by any means but what an over reaction!!!

It was a great 3 points!

talktofrank.jpg

As for NRC he'll get his chance and he has to take it!

I thought he had taken it - every chance he has had this season. Doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to MON.

Mine wasn't a "whinge". I, like any Villa supporter, am thrilled that we are in fourth spot. Just discussing, on a discussion forum, what I would have done differently. Pretty much the purpose of this site for me and think it would be pretty boring site if every one just posted "Wow isn't this great. MON is a god."

However we keep picking up the points, but sooner or later, our poor performances will come back to haunt us.

This was the case last season and it did. However, that's the big difference for me this season - we are playing well and getting our just rewards. Particularly since Milner has moved into the middle / Downing has come into the side we've played some great stuff. We did for the first half hour in this game too. After that it became a bit of a slog but we got the 3 points at the end of the day.

A completely shite performance and we were very lucky to get the three points. Decided not to vote on who was man of the match as it would be an insult to genuine followers of football!

However we keep picking up the points, but sooner or later, our poor performances will come back to haunt us. Can do a lot better than this and the player's pay should be given to charity, as they should be ashamed to collect after a performance like that!

And this is an embarrasment to genuine Aston Villa fans.

Then, you wouldn't be embarrased.

Are you on drugs? not a brill game by any means but what an over reaction!!!

It was a great 3 points!

talktofrank.jpg

Quite like the sentiment, but sorry to disappoint. I'm not, or never have been on drugs, but some of our players played like they were against Stoke!

Straker, after two brilliant footballing, hard working displays against Man United and Sunderland, can't you give the players a break, that fixture list wasn't kind to them and to come away with 3 points from Stoke who are one of the most hard working sides in the league who hadn't played for a week unless us, well give them credit, sometimes you've just got to battle through games, that's what makes good teams.

Chelsea, United etc...all these teams, play 2/3/4 good performances and then battle out a win that's not pretty. It's football and some games it's needed. Just be happy we dug in to collect 3 points.

However we keep picking up the points, but sooner or later, our poor performances will come back to haunt us.

This was the case last season and it did. However, that's the big difference for me this season - we are playing well and getting our just rewards. Particularly since Milner has moved into the middle / Downing has come into the side we've played some great stuff. We did for the first half hour in this game too. After that it became a bit of a slog but we got the 3 points at the end of the day.

Completely agree with you there. We are deserving to pick up all three points this year. A big difference.