• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 23)

Only heard (most of) the second half on the radio, most of that was on BBC Stoke because I was shooting a short wedding at Shugborough. Until I hit junction 10 I had to listen to understandably biased stoke commentating.. hardly heard a villa player named and it really made it sound like Stoke battled. When I got our local radio commentary on we finally started hitting back, or at least I finally heard more villa names than stooook. WM I think it was, said we didn't get out of 2nd gear, bbc stoke really felt they were still in it right up until the end.

3 points in the bag, rest up lads and move on. Not the best performance by the sounds of it but hopefully we can call that a bad day.. and still win :)

First 10 minutes were all Stoke and I thought it was going to be one of "those days"

Once we got our foot on the ball though and played it around a bit we played some very, very nice stuff. Some of the football we're playing at times is excellent. Defence was brilliant, again, although I think Warnock had one of his poorer games. Just goes to show what a high standard he has set

We missed Heskey. Hope his injury isn't too serious. However what a great position we are in to to be able to replace him with John Carew. Downing's run inside, the cross field ball, Young's cross.. brilliant.

Last half an hour wasn't pretty. I was really impressed with Stoke to be fair

Well done lads. 9 points within a week :thumb:

:cheers:

True Stoke deserved a point but we were still the better team. Stoke closed our defenders down well today and put them under enormous pressure. Cuellar and Young were great, but Dunne and Warnock had their moments but looked shaky at times.

In my opinion though, Tuncay showed tonight that he or a player like him is the missing piece of the puzzle for us. He unlocked our defence on numerous occasions but was let down by his teammates with poor finishing. In a better all-round quality side I think he would thrive.

In the end, I suspect MON and the players will draw a line through it, accept the 3 points gleefully and put the somewhat jaded performance down to having to play 3 matches in 7 days.

It gets better... 4 consecutive wins, 4 clean sheets 3rd in the league and we've now got the 2nd best defence in the league.. I am very happy.

we've conceded the joint least amount of goals with Chlesea.

Technically we have the best defensive record in the premiership now, as weve played 1 game more than Chelsea

look at the table and enjoy lads another clean sheet and victory. also set the record straight against stoke.

credit to stoke they battled hard and are fast becoming one of my most admired teams along with pulis his post match comments were well said. well done the villa army!!!!!

MON's Reaction: The best win of the season.

In the circumstances, I know exactly what he means. Last season we'd have drawn at the most with that aerial assualt into our box.

I can't quite believe how we've got the best defence in the league out of absolutely nowhere.

Cuellar was brilliant but we looke tired in second half at times. Maybe time to rest players the next coming weeks? Cant play the same team every week for the rest of the season.

if we didnt get an early goal it was always going to be tight. stoke deserve a lot of credit because they gave nothing away and tuncay was like watching carbone back in THAT season.

luke young was brilliant, warnock wasnt - but he has been that good lately that i think he can be excused.

cuellar was a rock, and as for dunne - well just another irish deity wearing our number 5 shirt!

milner is like sid, ian taylor and andy townsend all rolled in to one, and petrov is playing better because of it.

big up to carew, comes on, scores and then shows why he will always be loved by the villa crowd.

tough match, great result.