Have you been to a final with Villa before?

b6bloke

Have you been to a final with Villa before?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been to a final with Villa before?

• Once
    • Twice
    • Three or more
    • Never

I went to the 96 final with my dad, don't remember much of the day except Savo's goal :) we were 1 row from the front and some nice fans in front of us let us have their seats so I could see! Even though I cant remember much of it, it was still one of the best days of my life!

71, 75, 77, 94 & 96 League Cups, 1982 European Cup, 2000, FA Cup - hopefully 2010 League Cup and FA Cup double

same for me. Plus the European Super Cup 1982 (or was it 83)

Yes I'm an old git.

But not as old as me !!!!

...count me in on all of those.

My first final:

1961 Aston Villa 3 Rotherham 0

Alan O'Neill, Harry Burrows, Peter McParland

after losing 2-0 in the first leg away of the final we won the very first league cup 3-2 on aggregate after an extra time goal by Peter McParland.

I don't like talking about the next two finals v scum and spurs but like many above enjoyed others including Norwich '75, the marathon against Everton, the stuff of dreams in Rotterdam, slaughtering Man U and Leeds etc etc

sadly I missed the 57 cup final by a few years but I have so many great cup winning memories. Another one is coming very soon IMHO

Was there in 94, 96 & 2000.

How amazing was the semi final win over Tranmere? I hope the atmopshere for the home leg of the Blackburn game is as good, the newer generation won't believe how good Villa Park can be if the atmosphere is anywhere near as good as it was for that Tranmere game!