Best CB pairing in the last decade ...

Alpaywasawesome

Best Villa CB pairing in the last decade?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Best Villa CB pairing in the last decade?

• Mellberg/Alpay
    • Mellberg/Laursen
    • Laursen/Davies
    • Dunne/Collins
    • Dunne/Cuellar

Wish I could have seen Laursen/Dunne, that would be incredible.

Would have been a nightmare, far too similar players.

I don't think Laursen/Dunne would be any different from Dunne/Collins or Dunne/Cuellar apart from the fact that Laursen could do what Collins and Cuellar do only better.

Wish I could have seen Laursen/Dunne, that would be incredible.

Would have been a nightmare, far too similar players.

I don't think Laursen/Dunne would be any different from Dunne/Collins or Dunne/Cuellar apart from the fact that Laursen could do what Collins and Cuellar do only better.

Great though he was, I don't remember Laursen playing an accurate 60 yard ball to the wing in three years.

Took Collins about 20 minutes.

Alpay and Mellberg were awesome, I don't believe Mellberg and Laursen can be included in the list as I don't remember them playing together as CB's that much, Mellberg was playing at rightback when Laursen was in great form. Ugo and Southgate were also awesome and on par if not better than Alpay and Mellberg. Real shame with Alpay, the guy went crazy after being named in world cup team of tournament and that issue with Beckham didn't help, real shame that.

How Dunne/Collins or Dunne/Cuellar can be considered after only 5 or so months is daft.

Laursen/Mellberg only played 21 games together.

Davies and Laursen I'm guessing wouldn't of played much more than 25 games together, as Davies played from January to April in his first season before being injured and then him and Laursen played until December before Laursen was out with injuries.

So really then the only proper nomination is Alpay and Mellberg?

In the same regard when Gabby did naff all for months everyone was say he was still quality.

Apart from you.

Â