PL: Stoke h Match Thread 2009/12/19 15:00

limpid

I`ll go 3-0 Villa with a defender to sore the first from a set piece.

Nothing against Stoke though, they are a good team, and can hold their own against anybody on a good day, as they have often shown.

This time round we will be too strong for them, no collapse after 75 mins.

i think we will do them. But am worried about Arsenal Liverpool.. i think we may not get much out of those two fixtures... with Man City and Tottenham having a few easy games around that time too... The ladder could completely change.

I think 3 points is critical.. especially in hindsight if we end up with a point the fortnight after.

Should be a good game to start the fetsive period. When Stoke came to Villa Park last year i thought they were one of the worst teams i'd seen play all season, they kept hoofing the ball out of play, miscontrolling the ball and generally failing to keep possession and yet they managed to grab a draw.

I really think we could turn them over if they play to a similar standard on saturday. I think we're well equipped to deal with Delap's long through and their physical game, however Tuncay may prove to be a handful, i really rated him when he was at Boro and he has the ability to pull something special out the bag.

If we're clinical i can see us winning by 2 or 3.

Got to be 4-4-2 again, i'm done with calling for 4-5-1, MON has proven to be a a better tactician :D

Stoke probably most hated lower team in the league. There performance at VP, not only was the worst and most emberassing for a so called football team but also a major moment in the season
They were the worst team I saw at Villa Park last season, and that includes the part-timers we played in the Uefa Cup!!!

You must have left at half time then because they looked pretty decent second half after Fuller came on and they tried to join in the game.

They haven't been great away from home so I would hope, with our recent run of success and the way we have been playing we should have far too much for them. I just hope we either steam roller them 5-0 or, if we get ahead and have a slender lead but start dropping back, that MON will use his bench to freshen things up and push back at them.

I would think we will win by 2+ goals though.

Got to be 4-4-2 again, i'm done with calling for 4-5-1, MON has proven to be a a better tactician :D
:flag:

As the bloke behind me at Burnley shouted: "**** of O'Neill you're tactically naive". :lol:

I also remember thinking to myself during the first-half of last season's home game, that they were the worst side i'd seen at Villa Park for a number of years.

Like Sunderland, if we play well and are up for it, we will win. The class will shine through. However if the last week has taken too much out of us, we are slightly complacent, or make a bad start then it could be a potential banana skin. Heaven forbid.

We **** up last year we really did but the last 10 minutes and the result distorted what had largelly been a decent performance, we could and should have hammered them that day. What happened was, well just one of those things and I honestly think we will put it right this time around.

Fancy us to hammer them, they are well orgainised but we got **** James Milner, who is on fire at the moment and seems to be fired up to banish the memories of last year. 4-0 to villa with milner scoring and assisting, and young to get back to his best. :nod:

Keep the same side for this week I reckon. Bring on Carew in the second half to destroy them as he did to Bolton. Then bring on some young blokes for the last 15 mins, Delph, Fonz etc when we are 2-3 up hopefully! UTV!

We should batter them, we really should. Tuncay and Fuller will be a handful though, but the benefit of them both playing is that it means they'll go 4-4-2 which will open it up for us a bit.

Go at them from the start, would love an early goal, we need an early goal. Then we can just play our own game and force them to come out a bit.