PL: Stoke h Match Thread 2009/12/19 15:00

limpid

Hopefully we'll win this. Can't see Stoke turning us over in our current form.

A win here would take the pressure off for the Arsenal game so hopefully set us up for another great result there.

The way we lost last year should make it very easy for MON to fire up the players. This is the game we have been waiting for - to put things right. We owe them BIG time and I would imagine everyone being really up for it.

If we did not owe them I would fear this game, but we do and they have a beating waiting for them.

It won't be easy but we really should (and need to) win this one. We have got Arsenal and Liverpool coming up over the Christmas period so a result is a must. Hopefully we can get a result against Arsenal and Liverpool aswell. However, this game is first and thus it needs to be our main focus.

It's a winnable game and I fully expect us to win. I'm going with a 2-0 win. UTV!

The way we lost last year should make it very easy for MON to fire up the players. This is the game we have been waiting for - to put things right. We owe them BIG time and I would imagine everyone being really up for it.

If we did not owe them I would fear this game, but we do and they have a beating waiting for them.

We drew with them at home last season....

Although we do owe them due to the manner in which it happened.

We drew with them at home last season....

Although we do owe them due to the manner in which it happened.

Pity these are not playing tonight due to Fulham in europa league as they will be rested, but these are the tests for us now when you are on a good run.

Games against the Stokes, Wigans, Boltons etc are what will define our season. We simply cant't afford to drop to many more points against these teams if we are really going to push on. These games are never easy (ok, apart from Bolton) but I think that now we have Milner in the centre and our threat isn't soley from the wings we are much better equipped to breaks these sides down. Won't be easy, any win will do!

I keep hearing/reading people saying this.

If we don't beat Stoke in a game we're expected to win, then it's good that we won other games that we weren't expected to win because they cancel each other out. If we win all of them then we're laughing!

i know its early to predit, but where so strong atm, im so confident in us now, 3-0 to Villa.

IM STILL A BIT WORRIED. Stoke have a FANTASTIC manager in Pulis. there so hard to beat, its not going to be pretty, whatever the result..................we wont pass them to death because they press alot- and tackle alot. they like to play rough and in your face.

What happened to you between 9.58 and 10.13?

haha, anticipation is what happened, and a flashback of 2-0 to 2-2, theyre a VERY hard team to beat. i think we will win but its not going to be pretty and its going to be a ROUGH game, atleast thats what i expect.

This where we normally fall over. Just when we are right there about to take the position we deserve. We snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Big performances, big men, willing to take responsibility are needed.

First time I'll have been to a game since Blackburn away.

We've been flying since.

Need an early goal IMO or their set pieces will be like huge lumbering pains in our side all game.

Still too nervous to call really, I'd go for a 2-1 Villa if pushed.