• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell

3 wins on the spin in the league and not a single goal conceded. Happy days!!!

Looking foward to seeing Milner's goal.

We've now got 3 massive matches before the end of the year (they're all massive now!) starting with the game that arguably started our fall from grace last season, 9 points from these and we're laughing.

Another tremendous result. When you consider expectation and tiredness along with us never really managing to hit our stride in Sunderland, this was a tricky game.

Won in a professional manner in which, from what I've read, we were by far the better team.

Well done Martin, and well done the players. Milner in the middle has been a revelation. Great piece of work, there.

As solid as our full backs played, James Milner was just exquisite today. But as good as Jimmy was, Big Dick and King Carlos made defending look like an art form today. So comfortable, so skillful, so goddamn _bossy_. It's a joy to watch.

Dunnymonster MOTM for me.

Anyone got a link for Heskeys's goal I only managed to get a stream for the second half..which is why I cant do a full player rating..Milner superb..always thought he would be good in the middle, but thought that would be in a 451 not as a 442..he is absolutely awesome..

Heskey's Goal

Cheers.

Superb through ball...think it was meant for gabby, but who cares...nice to see strikers actually in the dangerous areas.. Heskey finished well...Is this his best ever scoring run? 3 in 6 = 1 in 2...move over torres lol..

plaudits all round, but for me 3 stalwarts who have just been immense lately - Petrov, Dunne and Carlos Cuellar. all superb. and big up the full backs too. Never been as happy with a villa team in my lifetime. Just fantastic stuff.

What a great result that is.

Just amazing how much the team has clicked with the new midfield but the biggest revelation is what it has done to Stan - he just looks a completly different player alongside milner.

Credit due to Heskey as well - I think he is doing pretty well at the moment and deserves his starting place.

Get in!!!!

Excellent result against a Sunderland side who, although not in their best form, are very difficult to beat at the Stadium of Light. Overall it was a close contest, and Sunderland certainly had their chances, but we have that extra bit of quality needed to win the game.

The whole back four was fantastic, but Richard Dunne was in a league of his own. Bargain of the season, easily. MOTM for me, with Milner being our best player going forward and just marginally lost oout to Dunne for my vote. James Milner really has been a revalation at centre mid, and right now is one of the best in the country in his position.

I'm just really, really enjoying watching us play right now. And we have a better squad than ever. I'd hate to jinx it, but we have as good a chance at getting top four this season as last.