PL: Fulham a Travel & Social

limpid

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm either going down with the official travel or doing a train/tube combination. What is the nearest tube station to Craven Cottage? And am I right in thinking that the Eight Bells is the traditional away pub?

eight bells is the traditional one, yes.

there's loads of others around the ground that villa go in though. the king's arms was full of villa for the game in may, there was another across the road, temperance(?), that i think had villa in, the golden lion(?) next door and the duke's head across the bridge.

eight bells was absolutely packed. think of the fernhurst on a slightly smaller scale. if you want somewhere with a bit more class :P and somewhere you'll actually get served, i'd go in the king's arms! five minutes closer to the ground too.

Putney, I think.

Theres an overground, and an underground, make sure you go to the underground because me and my Dad made the mistake and went to the overground, meaning it was a 30 minute walk back the other way.

the pub does get packed and pretty much as soon as singing starts the police make them stop serving, but theres an off license opposite the tube station round the corner. its mad, they only let you buy 2 cans at a time, but theres nothing stopping you leaving a mate outside, buying 2 cans to give to him, and going back in for another 2 and so on!

Live in Ireland and heading over to London that weekend and was wondering where Craven cottage is in relation to oxford street ( where i am staying) and about how long it would take to get there. Any info would be appreciated

Live in Ireland and heading over to London that weekend and was wondering where Craven cottage is in relation to oxford street ( where i am staying) and about how long it would take to get there. Any info would be appreciated

It would be about 30mins on the tube and you would need to change lines. You should go though, Fulham have a "neutrals" section next to the away fans behind the goal which is basically just for away fans who live in london. That's where I will be (though I am yet to see us win at CC in 4 games there...)

• 2 weeks later...

Just phoned up and bought some from Villa...we have under 100 left. They did say there will be plenty on sale for the neutral section on the day though, or you can buy them on the Fulham website apparently

the pub does get packed and pretty much as soon as singing starts the police make them stop serving, but theres an off license opposite the tube station round the corner. its mad, they only let you buy 2 cans at a time, but theres nothing stopping you leaving a mate outside, buying 2 cans to give to him, and going back in for another 2 and so on!

Last season me and my mates were buying 2, poping them in our pocket or bag then rejoining the queue !

As I said just going over to London tonight so dont have a ticket or wont be able to get one off any other source than at the ground tomorrow. Seen on the fulham website there that it says that it is sold out. I dont mind where i seat (just want to watch the game).

What are my chances of picking tickets up at the gate tomorrow?

As I said just going over to London tonight so dont have a ticket or wont be able to get one off any other source than at the ground tomorrow. Seen on the fulham website there that it says that it is sold out. I dont mind where i seat (just want to watch the game).

What are my chances of picking tickets up at the gate tomorrow?

You might as well go have a look see befoer kickoff.