• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Collins
    • Carew
    • Reo-Coker

I thought that with only Evra and Vidic in their defence we would have a decent chance of winning, with their team unbalanced and our attacking play working well. Then I saw that their starting line up was actually pretty much full strength, right back aside. Injury problems my bloody foot. It was nowhere near as easy as it had originally looked.

But guess what? We **** won!!! They tried everything, threw all their strikers on, they had their wingers, they threw on Gibson in desperation, and nothing worked as we were simply immense!

FINALLY it's the first time I get to see us win against Man Utd, after so long! (Aside from the League cup fixture that I think was their reserve side)

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that with only Evra and Vidic in their defence we would have a decent chance of winning, with their team unbalanced and our attacking play working well. Then I saw that their starting line up was actually pretty much full strength, right back aside. Injury problems my bloody foot. It was nowhere near as easy as it had originally looked.

But guess what? We **** won!!! They tried everything, threw all their strikers on, they had their wingers, they threw on Gibson in desperation, and nothing worked as we were simply immense!

FINALLY it's the first time I get to see us win against Man Utd, after so long! (Aside from the League cup fixture that I think was their reserve side)

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was very surprised to see their starting line-up. Maybe SAF got surprised we played 2 strikers?

Big compliment to our midfield if not.

Guys, I would love to hear an indepth account from fans who went?

Im after songs that were sung, banter that was had, funny stories etc - you know the stuff! Im sure a load of you went out on the piss in manc afterwards! It looked like we went crazy at the end of the game - as if we'd won the cup - it bloody felt like it! Just wish id gone now - having been a few times before and seen us continually turned over - this was fantatsic!

So for those who were there....tell us more?

Guys, I would love to hear an indepth accoutn from fans who went? Im after songs that were sung, banter that was had, funny stories etc - you know the stuff! Im sure a load of you went out on the piss in manc afterwards! It looked like we went crazy at the end of the game - as if we'd won the cup - it bloody felt like it! Just wish id gone now - having been a few times before and seen us continually turned over - this was fantatsic!

So for those who were there....tell us more?

It did feel like winning the cup.

We stayed in for a good 15 minutes afterwards having a good old sing song, most notably singing "Who the **** are Man United".

An amazing feel when we did leave the ground seeing all the glory hunters trudging back, and I was making no secret of how happy I was!

I actually wanted to shout in one of the glory hunting rocket polishers faces as i came out the ground , i remember walkin out when the lucky bastards had won 3-2 last season and gettin abuse after abuse from these rocket polishers this felt soooooo good ,being stuck in traffic gettin away from the ground actually felt good , though tunning into the radio on the way home and hearin Man u fans ringin in on the way home on the M6 made me chuckle , grrrrr glory hunting feckers

Still find it hard to believe we've beaten them at OT. But soon my heart will give up beating. I've read a theory somewhere that every mans heart has a limit of how many beats it can beat during a lifetime before it stops and if that's true I think I used about half of those beats this weekend thanks to Villa.

Dunne MOTM for me just ahead of Cuellar and Warnock. Cuellar would probably have got it had he not lost so much of his game when he was pushed out to the right. But he's a hell of a central defender that man.

And Ferguson whilst actually having a point about the added time I just can say, have that, rocket polisher! Atkinson made a lot of errors especially in the 2nd half, but for pure courage to give Rooney a yellow instead of a penalty and only give 3 minutes added time at OT when United is on their way losing 1-0 I give him an 8. I've seen too many referees doing the opposite too many times now not to appreciate that.

And I think the woman I shag from now on wishes that Villa could beat manure every weekend. :P

Dunne, Warnock, Collins, Downing, whilst not being the most prolific players to sign have made the last transfer window one of the best ever, I think.

Well, we finally did it. Now i can hold my head up around Christmas amongst my Man U supporting family. The team were immense. Their effort was like something out of a Marvel Comic, totally super human and i loved seeing Fergie arguing with the fourth offical when the amount of extra time was shown. The best comedy i have seen all year. An absolute classic!

I did comment in the pre-match thread that we needed to show the right mentality and this was key to our win. We must carry this on throughout the rest of the season.

We did give the ball away too much, particularly in the second half, but MON did get the tactics right, which made up for that. Would have also liked to have seen us carrying more of a threat in the second half, but hey, thats for another day. Well done the lads!

--

We've just beaten Manchester United at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 bloody years. As someone who likes to post, at length, on these forums.. all you have to contribute on this occasion is that?

:lol:

I went to the game and thought it was absolutely fantastic to come away with a result. I've been to OT 5 or 6 times but never seen that many sad Mancs after a game - priceless.

I thought Man U played into our hands though and I can't understand why Fergie bought Giggs off at half time, although I was very glad that he did.

I felt that there were some really good performances - back 5 were very strong, two wide players delivered well and worked hard coming back and Gabby was immense up front. I felt that the goal.com ratings reflected this. Obviously any rating system is arbitrary because it depends what the numbers mean - 5 in one system could equate to 8 in somebody else's?

I did feel that we had our weak points though and these, for me, were Stan and Emile. I wouldn't argue that both worked very hard but I felt Stan's lack of athleticism was shown up as he was not quite in to the tackle quick enough and Emile, for me, was playing CM most of the game - I would rather have a decent third CM'er in there than Heskey (I accept that this is not his fault and I think he is being played out of position).

Ultimately we had 40% possession, much like the Plop game, but I always felt that we were not in control of this game, unlike the Plop game. Having said that, when we did get the ball our front 4/5 were always a threat.

I just posted this because it was an independent commentator that had reflected my thoughts on who our better players and weaker players had been. As I say, the scores are arbitrary.

At the fulltime whistle, I was hugged by a fat ginger man and someone that looked like Jesus. And when I was walking out the ground, I got kissed on the cheek by a chav, delighful :D

Sounds like Gingerlad, me, and b23 ;-)

I think that Milner only getting 4% of the votes shows what a great performance this was. He was as good as ever but everyone else really upped their game.

I didn't think it was his best game ever really. Most of the time, his general work rate just masks over his mistakes, and yesterday there were a few slack passes. I'm not having a go, just saying...

I thought Heskey was **** brilliant mind.

I think that Milner only getting 4% of the votes shows what a great performance this was. He was as good as ever but everyone else really upped their game.

I didn't think it was his best game ever really. Most of the time, his general work rate just masks over his mistakes, and yesterday there were a few slack passes. I'm not having a go, just saying...

I thought Heskey was **** brilliant mind.

Burnley, Tottenham, Portsmouth, Hull, United.

5 games in a row he's been good. Looking bright for Emile.