PL: Sunderland a Match Thread 2009/12/15 19:45

limpid

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a few others, I'd take a point, preferably with a good performance to match it. This game is important to maintain that buzz from the last win, we've got to keep that confidence but not become too cocky. Beat Sunderland and we can keep our heads held as the real deal.

Yeah i'm with you also, i mean if we'd done that then we might have actually beat Man U.

We did.

A point today is a must imo. It'll be very hard to get though - and we never seem to perform too well up in Sunderland. Good luck the Villa boys. And fair play to anyone travelling up to watch them on a cold Tuesday night.

I'm aware of that, just amazed that after winning some still think what we did was wrong.

Very surprised that the team has stayed unchanged.
To be honest I am not so surprised. I am surprised that Warnock is fit but that aside not so that he hasn't changed it. That will come on Saturday I think at a perceived easier fixture

Cascarino's preview

I struggle to comprehend that opponents haven’t worked out Villa’s tactics of getting the ball out to their two wide men James Milner and Ashley Young to deliver early balls into the box.

OK Tony....I love the comments on him at the bottom though :lol:

WTF is it with that word removed?

I've never heard him say anything good about us, rocket polisher!

Sunderland are a serious threat, we need to be as strong as possible, I for one am glad we have started our strongest team. My 4-0 prediction now seems a bit strange, even to me! Must have been the euphoria from the Manure game.