PL: Sunderland a Match Thread 2009/12/15 19:45

limpid

If we play 442 we will lose.

If we play 451 we will win.

SUPERFACT!

Or even, if we have to start 442. and go ahead, and maybe be under pressure we could revert to 451 to see out the game!!

Sorry, that would be tactics! lets use Carew as a Defender and Ashley as a rigth back! Wahey! :lol:

You still don't realize we switched to 4-5-1 to see out the Man Utd game? You know, when NRC came on, and he held five fingers up, and yelled "FIVE!" to everyone, and Gabby ran to the right and stayed there for the rest of the match? Was it really that difficult to spot/understand?

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a popular podcast pointed out and i agree with.

A win here is the signs of a club aiming for a top 4, a draw is for a club aiming for a europa cup finish.

Probably not as simple as that but certainly a good indication.

A win here is the signs of a club aiming for a top 4, a draw is for a club aiming for a europa cup finish.

What is a loss a sign of then? Because the teams that are aiming for top 4 have only picked up losses there so far (Liverpool, Arsenal)

What is a loss a sign of then? Because the teams that are aiming for top 4 have only picked up losses there so far (Liverpool, Arsenal)

Yup that is true, kind of know what they mean though if a little short sighted.

SUPERFACT!

Or even, if we have to start 442. and go ahead, and maybe be under pressure we could revert to 451 to see out the game!!

Sorry, that would be tactics! lets use Carew as a Defender and Ashley as a rigth back! Wahey! :lol:

You still don't realize we switched to 4-5-1 to see out the Man Utd game? You know, when NRC came on, and he held five fingers up, and yelled "FIVE!" to everyone, and Gabby ran to the right and stayed there for the rest of the match? Was it really that difficult to spot/understand?

I think you missed my point. 4 5 1 to me is well.... 4 defenders... 5 midfielders.... and a forward. :winkold:

Sunderland drew at Old Trafford as well. Maybe they were in better form then or perhaps they raise their game for the the bigger teams.

I don't know what that means for us...

And if i am not mistaken a late OG salvaged a point for Manure that day aswell

SUPERFACT!

I think you missed my point. 4 5 1 to me is well.... 4 defenders... 5 midfielders.... and a forward. :winkold:

Well its a bit difficult to get your point if you come up with the satirical rubbish instead of writing your actual point down.

I have always found Gabby very solid defensively when on the wing and certainly better than Downing was doing on the night.

SUPERFACT!

4-5-1 is players playing in that formation, it's irrelevant what position they are.

Or are you saying we played a 3-5-2 at home to United last season, as Reo-Coker is a midfielder, not a defender?

Yeah i am actually. Why play heskey in midfield when you have to CM on the bench who cost 8mill each??? its idiotic

Can NRC/Sidwell/Delph/Gardner play with their back to goal? Do they offer us an aerial threat in the box? Do they have the experience and strength of Emile?

Perhaps it you who is being "idiotic" by not being able to get your head around the concept that Heskey is a valuable asset to us and it isn't just as black and white as "Heskey playing CM".

I dont care what other teams do, its what we do that matters.

Sunderland is a tough place to go these days, spud face really has them working their socks off.

I'm hoping we dont have a hangover from the Utd game, it wont be from MON but the players themselves if we do.

Would be a brilliant result if we got a win.

Yeah i am actually. Why play heskey in midfield when you have to CM on the bench who cost 8mill each??? its idiotic

Heskey offers a better option going forward when we get the ball, to help us retain it?

NRC DID come on against United, when he got the ball he just ran it downfield and lost it, he can't hold the ball up like Heskey or Carew.