PL: Sunderland a Match Thread 2009/12/15 19:45

limpid

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand those that suggest resting some players with a bit of rotation, but I disagree. I think the milner in the middle, young and downing on the wings is brilliant, but will become better with more time to gel and for each to gain a better understanding / anticipation of where the others will go.

I would start with the same line-up if possible. If Warnock can't go, then young to left, cuellar to right, and collins into the middle.

On the other hand, with a lead, I would sub NRC for Petrov and Delph for Downing at 50 or 60 minutes in.

Tough game, Sunderland are very good at home.

Lets hope we can keep the momentum, if we do do well could do with resting some players later in the game.

Tough period and MON needs to be confident in rotating a few players otherwise it could effect us later in the season like last year.

Maybe we should 'rest' Brad Friedel and give Brad Guzan a game. Just to put the shits up Sunderland like. They'd certainly think twice about taking a dive in the box.

problem with resting him is that it breaks his 206 odd game streak.

I agree with what's been said - its important we grind out a result here - and it will be a grind. The Mackams are very strong at home so this will be a huge battle.

If we can avoid defeat in anyway then id be very happy, for momemtum's sake.

Maybe we should 'rest' Brad Friedel and give Brad Guzan a game. Just to put the shits up Sunderland like. They'd certainly think twice about taking a dive in the box.

I don't think that would enter in to O'Neills thinking. If he thought Guzan would be better for this game, he would play him. That said, I still expect Friedel to play, and Guzan to be putting the shit up Blackburn in all the cup games very soon.

I don't think that would enter in to O'Neills thinking. If he thought Guzan would be better for this game, he would play him. That said, I still expect Friedel to play, and Guzan to be putting the shit up Blackburn in all the cup games very soon.

Friedel made an outstanding save from Berbatov on Saturday - showing how great he is. There's zero chance of him being dropped and rightly so.

I've been on a couple of Sunderland forums this morning, seems there not all that confident or happy with how they are playing at the moment and the crowd on Tuesday is expected to be the lowest attendance of the season so far. They also seem to be very worried about the pace of our forwards against their defence which is something hopefully we can exploit.

There main positive seems to be a feeling we may be over confident after Saturday and not show up, not something I can imagine O'Neill allowing to happen but fingers crossed.

I think if we play our game well we will win this one.

They need to say that though after drawing with Pompy plus as I said the ticket sales are apparantly down they are probably being put in front of the press. They might be up for it but their fans are less confident which has to be a good sign as players will always say there positive.