limpid

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we play 442 we will lose.

If we play 451 we will win.

SUPERFACT!

With our new found 4-4-2 system and players, I hope this isn't the case, but I do feel this will be such a tight game that one goal and sorta feel as if we could do with a 4-5-1, a real solid, gritty performance where we just look to keep it tight and grab a goal on the break sorta game. I reckon we should probably go 4-5-1 because I think keeping them quiet early on will be a massive factor in the game as i'm sure they won't get huge crowd figures either. Before perhaps going 4-4-2 later on in the game looking to win it if it's 0-0 after 65/70 minutes..

although I do think it'll be the same team (I don't disagree with). Hopefully we will have enough to see em off!!

I was joking. Our players work so hard and cover each other so well that our formations rarely stay in a set shape, especially when we have the ball.

We end up like:

-----------X------------

-------X---X-----X-----

------------X-----------

--X---------------------

X------X-----------X---

------X-----------------

--------------X---------

and:

-----------X------------

---X-----X--------X----

--------------X---------

--------X----X---------

------------------------

--X-----X--------------

---------------X----X--

and just about anything else you can imagine.

It really doesn't matter what formation Sky show our players in during their pre-game build up. What matters is the players that are on the pitch and their primary objectives.

4 weeks ago I would have been pessimistic with this match but I think our form has turned around incredibly since the Spurs game and that 3-man attacking midfield is lethal.

However, I would play 4-5-1 in this one, with NRC alonside Petrov and Young, Milner & Downing pushing forward to support Gabby.

with in regards to squad rotation. Same as Saturday.

Only time you should squad rotate imo.. are if there are any niggling injuries ie Warnock should not play or an out of form player.

If Gabby is firing.. leave him in.. my only concern is.. would MON rest him if hes out of form like last season. I hope so.

kinda glad I'm busy until 9 tonight! Really hoping we can carry momentum. A draw would be more than fine, but as above, I am quite excited by a feeling we may get more. I hope I can supress that so if we draw I'm not too disappointed!

If we play 442 we will lose.

If we play 451 we will win.

SUPERFACT!

Or even, if we have to start 442. and go ahead, and maybe be under pressure we could revert to 451 to see out the game!!

Sorry, that would be tactics! lets use Carew as a Defender and Ashley as a rigth back! Wahey! :lol:

This will be a very tough match. However, it's about time that we start winning these games. It's brilliant beating Man Utd, however if we then go on to lose tonight we will be back at square one. We need to start disposing of the lesser teams along with the better ones. If we can start to do this then we could very well be in for an amazing season.

Anyway, I'm going to stick my neck out and go for a 2-1 win for us. UTV!

Big test for the defence two strikers very pacy and strong! But we've got our own weapons!

Not as big as you might think as the Sunderland fans are far from pleased with the efforts or performances of Jones lately.

Without question Bent is a goal threat but I always think he is very much a poacher and needs the service so stop the supply you can stop him.

So while I think our defence needs to be on its game I actually think it will be our midfield that decides the outcome of this game, win that battle and we will win I believe.