• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Defouneso

Got back to Bournemouth from the game about 20 mins ago!

Villa fans were brilliant! Great result and a few excellent goals BUT

let's not get carried with our midfield yet!

Pompey absolutely dominated possession and the midfield

we simply couldn't get the ball off them at times and had they been

better up top we would have struggled

I am surprised Downing is leading motm as our best player

IMHO was Guzan. Downing made some surging runs which bodes

well for the future but didn't look totally fit to me

Milners goal was a cracker!

Good gameand a decent atmosphere down there. Shit ground though!

We played well apart from a frustrating 20 minutes at the start of the second half. Downing looks quality and Heskey put in a good shift.

Mike, don't understand your call for Guzan motm?! He had very little to do and what he did do he made difficult by spilling the ball, although it didn't cost us. I actually thought it was one of his least impressive games.

But a good day out, back in good time, good result.

Highlight for me: "Faggot, what's the score? Faggot Faggot what's the score?"

If anyone has a clip of Milner's goal from Ashley's throw in would they post a link please ?

The Beeb reports say that it was a thunderous shot and Begovic didn't move. I want to see that one :)

If you haven't seen it yet, it wasalmost identical to one he scored at Ewood Park last season, but from the opposite side.

Just back.

Pompey started brightly but in a strange way them scoring did them no favours as it seemed to spark us into life and apart from the two goals we scored we could have had a couple more in the first half. Milners was a cracker and Heskey also took his goal really well after a lovely pass from I think Milner.

Second half we were on the back foot for about 25 mins but having said that we also looked like we had more goals in us on the break. After Downing scored we looked comfortable and after Kanu scored it was a relief that Young scored straight after as we could then all relax and enjoy the last few mins.

Can't honestly say anyone stood head and shoulders above anyone else as they all played pretty well. You'd have to say Milner playing in the middle alongside Petrov looked as though it had potential. It is arguably the most attacking line up Villa have played in years and if it is to continue it promises plenty of goals.

Heskey certainly deserves to keep his place as he looked far better than Carew as in the past few games. Downing looked good but is clearly not 100% fit but the shift he put in tonight will do him the world of good and when fully fit we will have some player.

Great support tonight. We were in great voice. Pompey didn't sell out though.

fantastic result in the end...3 pronged attack of Milner, Downing and Young switching looked real dangerous. Downing was class played some real nice passes and had a couple of good runs and deserved the goal.

We did look a bit lightweight in the middle at times but i think Milner will come good there. Heskey looked dangerous all game(yep i mean it). Overall a very pleasing win and all 3000 of us sung our hearts out

Just got back, horrible weather and Fratton Park is and old school english ground but its also an absolute shit hole.

I thought we played quite well and got the job done, a big fan of Downing, Milner and Young constantly switching- Pompey had no idea what to do.

Heskeys goal was well taken, Gabby put in his solid running into the channels shift.

Milners goal was brilliant and I thought he played well tonight and Downing put in a good shift.

Even though our defence looks solid we still cant keep a clean sheet which is rather annoying.

Lets avoid Chelsea in the Semis

Also special mention to the person who started the 'Whos the faggot in the red'

Just got back. Quality performance, special mentions to Downing and Milner who I thought were awesome tonight. So saying that not one player really had a bad game. I think it's a good job we equalised when we did or it could of been a horrible night.

Whoever started off the chant "You're just a town full of semen" deserves knighting. :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Oh and wtf was going on with their fans in the corner of the stand to the right. I think the average age was about 12. It actually made me cringe. :lol:

Wembley now please! :flag:

Also just got back, "Who's the faggot in the red" "Faggot what's the score, faggot faggot what's the score" :lol:

I was stood on the stairs and got rampaged about 10 rows down when we scored and some fat guy fell over was hilarious.

As for the game, good performance, look dangerous going forward, Downing from the right offers alot. It's different to how Young plays, Downing cuts in but he plays inside too and drops deep for the ball and moves inside rather than staying wide, cutting back and crossing it, he drives infield with the ball, a very talented player.

Guzan - 7 - Solid as per.

Young - 7 - Some poor passes at times but defensively great.

Warnock - 7 - Solid.

Cuellar - 7 - See above.

Dunne - 8 - Solid and composed on the ball.

Petrov - 8 - Did a good job today.

Young - 7 - Grew as the game went on after a dissapointing start, seemed to gain confidence in the second half and some dangerous crosses from the right.

Downing - 8.5 - Great ability on the ball, at times looked tired but expected, good pace, always in control of the ball and looking for a pass, but if he doesn't see one, he keeps the ball which is important he doesn't just hit an aimless ball into the box.

Milner - 7.5 - Did well in the centre, found some nice positions and a great goal.

Heskey - 7.5 - Great finish, won his fair share (good battle between him and Kaboul) held the ball up well and 3 good games in his last 3. Promising.

Agbonlahor - 7.5 - Didn't score but held the ball up brilliantly and showed great skill to set Young's goal up.

Just got back.

Very good performance overall, few shit patches, Guzan was very good. Downing was quality. Heskey is surprisingly playing very well indeed. Thought Downing was the best player from the night. Man of the match for me.

Back four were solid. Milner was dissaponinting in the second half. Impressive performance as opposed to Saturday and I am very happy to come back with a win and a place in the semi finals. Buzzin if we get to Wembley. Shame Fratton park is such a shit hole and there wasn't any beer on sale! Stuck on the motorway for more than four hours on the way too.

Can't believe a quarter final of a cup can recieve such little coverage.

Me neither. Whatever about not being on the telly the same night as ManUre play Spurts. But to not even be on the net in this day & age??!?!

It was all devoted to the scum.