• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Defouneso

Can't believe how quiet it is, we win to get into the semi finals and its dead, we lose a game and the place is jam packed. Do we just like to moan?

Well while it is fantastic, it doesn't seem like any huge achievement as we haven't beaten any truly difficult teams. Also in other years when we were in this position, it would be a Middlesbrough or a Fulham waiting for us in the Semis, this year it's more than likely a Top 4 team, even if they're playing a weakened side.

Semi Final 1 w/c 4th January 2010

Semi Final 2 w/c 18th January 2010

Didnt want to get ahead of myself and post the final date!

Those dates are both Monday nights?? :?:

Im hoping this isnt right as ill be in NYC 14th-19th Jan.

Good result.

Suddenly with a central midfielder who can run with the ball look forward rather than backwards we look a team!

Hoping Young steps it up a gear now after that decent performance.

Heskey should now start in front of John Carew. If you score you should keep your place!

Great away following from Villa - took the stand over!

Milner has played on the left and at fullback for England so I doubt it will affect Capellos opinion of him

Hopefully, though coming closer to the time I'd expect that peoples' roles will become more clearly defined and less ad hoc within the England team/squad. You would think his primary position would be right wing.

and TBH Young shouldn't be anywhere near the England team at the moment.

Well yes but I am assuming that his form can pick up between now and the summer.

Great result tonight - was particuarly pleasing to see Heskey's wll taken goal - came at a great time and didnt let Pompey settle after they took the lead. Heskey looked very sharp for his goal and it was a great finish. Milner's goal was excellent. I wonder if Milner being in the centre will allow him more chance to score - as good as he is out wide - he has scored plenty of goals in his career - some absolute crackers for Newcastle in the past - in fact his first ever goal for us was a strike against Spurs from outside the box after cutting into the centre of the park. The midfield seemed to work tonight - id be tempted to keep it this way against Hull - although imnot sure if Downing is 100 fit for a start.

Was great to see Downing score today...and just great to have him back playing. Hopefully he'll be an excellent player for us.

Its great to reach a semi final for the first time in what seems like ages. Wembley is in sight - and that alone is worth feeling good about. Lets hope this win tonight kicks off a good run for us going into Christmas. We should take confidence from scoring 4 away from home.

Can't believe how quiet it is, we win to get into the semi finals and its dead, we lose a game and the place is jam packed. Do we just like to moan?

I think the reaction thread was greatly affected by how difficult it was to actually watch the game. I couldn't find a feed on the net so I've no idea how we played. I imagine many are in the same boat.

I'd rather this than people pretending to know what they're on about :) I'd also give people a chance to get back from Portsmouth. The ones who DID see the game :)

So cuellar played, petrov played, heskey played and we played a 4-4-2 formation, i thought the world was meant to end if all these happened at the same time?

Sounds like we did well and the trio of downing, milner and young provided a bit more creativity than we've had.

I think big heskey deserves a run, massive carew fan but he isn't doing it at the moment.

Can't believe a quarter final of a cup can recieve such little coverage.

Can't believe a quarter final of a cup can recieve such little coverage.

Me neither. Whatever about not being on the telly the same night as ManUre play Spurts. But to not even be on the net in this day & age??!?!