• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Defouneso

Just seen the goals, Milner's was excellent and Heskey's was a very good finish.

Ashley's goal was deflected and the cross to Downing got a bit of a deflection before it reached him as well, but they all count.

Behind the goal was jam packed with Villa... an excellent turnout from our fans.

Same team for Hull anyone?

Worth a try I reckon. Could well stick to that if Downing is alright as well (fitness wise).

MON said on SSN that Downing not yet fully fit so not sure he can play 2 games in 4 days. Also think we might need some more steel in midfield against better teams.

Well pleased with the result tonight. The winner of the Arse/Citeh game in the semi please and then a repeat of the 1994 League Cup final will do very nicely thank you.

Great assist by Warnock for the 1st goal

i've said it before, but i really think he is looking like mons best buy - its just that he doesnt play in such a spectacular position and doesnt stand out like say a striker who scores lots of goals.

can i say i am absolutely delighted we are in the semis even if we dont get to the final credit to mkon and the lads for getting us there its been how long since we got here?

thrilled downing got a goal on his debut brilliant. now all the silly pundits saying mon was wrong to sign him will eat their words.

i want to avoid chelsea, i think we can give united reserves and arsenals kids a good game. hoping city go out tomorrow

Great result. Delighted to be in a semi. Just don't want to count chickens when we're this close :)

Glad to see Downing making an immediate impact too even if it was Portsmouth.

I also wonder will the potential switch of Milner to centre & Young to the right affect their world cup prospects given that they've gotten into the England team at right & left wing respectively.

Great result. Delighted to be in a semi. Just don't want to count chickens when we're this close :)

I also wonder will the potential switch of Milner to centre & Young to the right affect their world cup prospects given that they've gotten into the England team at right & left wing respectively.

I think Milner has got into the England team because of his overall versatility.

Milner has played on the left and at fullback for England so I doubt it will affect Capellos opinion of him and TBH Young shouldn't be anywhere near the England team at the moment.