• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Defouneso

Finally we get what we hoped for with Milner central, plus Downing and Young on the wings. It worked a treat. Not to mention the three of them can switch around at any moment. It has always seemed as if it would be tasty and it sure seemed it tonight.

Great result and well done to the lads. I'm made up rght now and think I'm going to have myself a nice few drinks. We're off to the Semi's, woohoo!! UTV!

Keep that midfield, but we know O'Neill is going to change. Ugh.
Well he may leave out Downing to bring him in a bit more gradually, but I think he probably decided on the basic idea of Young and Downing on the wings and Milner inside some time back so I think he'll stick with that. As for any other changes, yes, you may be right.

Just seen the goals on SSN... what an AWESOME first goal from us... what a SIK through-ball into Heskey with the neat finish. Our second was great too - Milner cuts inside from the left takes a shot with his right foot and the ball was curling past Begovic - cracking goal. Brilliant to see Downing getting a goal with a great header from a tight angle and Ash sealed the deal with an easy finish.

I think Milner could work in the middle. He's energetic, is very box-to-box and I think he'll be our 'Essien' or 'Darren Fletcher'. It'd be great if MON left him the same position for Hull on Saturday... but right now I'm going to CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!