Best Film of 2009?

TheWalletInspector

What has been the best film of 2009?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best film of 2009?

• The Taking of Pelham 123
    • Public Enemies
    • Terminator Salvation
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • Angels & Demons
    • Watchmen
    • Star-Trek
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Up!
    • The Hangover
    • Bruno
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Zombieland

I know it's a bit early but, what do you think is the best film of 2009?

Hopefully I haven't missed anything big out on the poll.

Edit: As I have missed a couple of popular films off, and the year isn't over yet, i'll make a new thread with any films missed off plus the more popular films from this thread in January.

You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!

Best Comedy of the year for certain.

You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!

what film is that from?

what fils that from?

The Hangover.

I don't remember what it was, but I think it had something to do with how unremarkable it was. It was a run of the mill hostage situation, but with just good actors saying the exact same things as have been said in countless numbers of other films. The creation of the hitch and some of the periphery characters were so see through. Like the guy who was in charge of the train company who was being unreasonable obstinate to create tension which never really worked. Typical of the whole film. No thought put into it at all.

Good actors + weak storyline + attractive picture + good marketing = CHA-CHING and nothing more

I've seen I Love You Man a few times. It's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. Even crap action films without any story at all can keep me watching, but I just found myself not being interested in the slightest to this. Will need to watch a few I haven't seen on that list to give an answer.

Â